Allied Global Marketing is a leading full-service entertainment, culture, and lifestyle-marketing agency. We build strategic campaigns for a diverse range of clients that connect audiences with experiences they love. Our team of experts captures the unique energy of each project with customized strategies that deliver on-target messaging and drive bottom-line results. An integrated approach is supported by our on-the-ground network of 24 offices and over 500 colleagues across the globe, providing resources and relationships that our partners and clients know and trust.
Allied Global Marketing is hiring an Account Executive in our Toronto, Ontario office.
The ideal candidate is a dynamic, creative, and strategic thinker that will lead publicity and promotional campaigns in the Canadian office of a leading, national agency. Crafting innovative events and executing flawless campaigns for clients in the entertainment industry is a daily standard along with social media savvy and relationship marketing.
Allied Global Marketing is an award-winning agency with 21 offices in the U.S. and Canada. We specialize in campaigns that shake the marketplace and fuel dialogue online and offline.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Cultivate relationships with film critics, columnists, feature writers, bloggers, editors, television/radio hosts, producers and reporters to secure film features and reviews
- Secure interviews for cast/crew and press tours and publicity stunts
- Develop unique publicity angles and monitor hits to ensure extensive media coverage
- Write pitches, press releases, talking points and media copy
Marketing & Promotional Responsibilities:
- Act as the project lead on partnership activations from program pitch to execution
- Think creatively to identify new ways to engage in partnership with top brands
- Research potential partners and participate in team brainstorms to identify suitable brands and organizations for upcoming programs
- Negotiate trade with television, radio, print and online partners for promotional coverage
- Organize local events, screenings, and costume character tours to create buzz
- Manage promotions and word-of mouth activity at high traffic festivals and experiential events
- Create social media initiatives that complement campaigns and drive awareness online
- Manage preparation and delivery of partnership post-mortem reports and provide key learning and optimization recommendations
General Responsibilities include:
- Develop strong client relationships and always meet client deadlines and exceed expectations
- Manage project budgets, invoicing, and charges in online billing system
- Knowledge of the Canadian marketplace and providing great insight and advice to clients
- At least 3-5 years of experience in marketing, publicity and/or promotions field
- Incredibly strong organizational skills with precise detail in prioritizing multiple projects
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills
- Experience and/or interest in multicultural marketing is an asset
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for this role
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS BASED IN OUR TORONTO, ON. OFFICE AND REQUIRES NIGHTS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY WORK BASED ON FILM RELEASES, EVENTS AND THE NEEDS OF CLIENTS.
Allied Global Marketing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.