Site web billingue et description du poste en français à venir. Les soumissions en français sont les bienvenues.
This is a generic posting for opportunistic applications. You may find other similar ones for roles at specific AlleyCorp Nord companies on this job board.
About the role
This is the job for you if you are fast on your feet, an independent and self-motivated learner, and extremely excited about shaping products from the ground up.
You’ll be working on a small team and you may be on your own sometimes, but it’s important that you be a team player who likes to talk through problems with others and share knowledge. As one of our first hires, you’ll be a huge contributor to setting the tone and culture for the Montreal office (virtual, for now). We love empathy and humility in all our team members!
We know design is a broad field – and we are looking for generalists! That said, a strong background in wireframing, prototyping, and working through complex user journeys is more important than a dedication to pixel-perfect application design.
In this role, you will be clearing through the brush of ambiguity and mapping user needs to applications. You will be helping to trim down MVPs, incorporating business need directly from the customer as well as data from analytics tools wherever available. You will also be working with developers to standardize and iterate on component libraries and design standards. You may likewise be working with product teams to develop guidelines for content and voice.
We are looking for experienced designers who ideally have worked at relatively early-stage startups before.
We want you to apply if you:
- Have a combined 4+ years of professional experience in product design and/or UX research (and/or content strategy, development, or other adjacent fields);
- Are able to iterate quickly on wireframes and prototypes;
- Are familiar with tools and processes for integrating test data (e.g. from analytics, A/B testing) into designs;
- Have experience working closely with developers on building component libraries and other tools;
- Can demonstrate an ability to consider the technical complexity and feasibility of different designs across web and mobile platforms;
- Are able to work directly with customers and users, gathering business needs and feedback on your designs;
- Are able to advocate for users as well as consider the ways flaws in a design might be abused;
- Understand the importance of clear, consistent and strategic language in creating user experiences;
- Have excellent written English communication skills;
- Have a proven track record of mentorship (if you're more senior).
Some extra stuff we love:
- Entrepreneurial experience – you've run your own business (of any kind – a nail salon, a restaurant, a design agency, a Shopify or Etsy store)
- Interdisciplinary background – you've spent time as a designer, data scientist, engineer, or other role in tech companies
- Experience building tools with low-code and no-code tools
- Hyper-organized, tools-obsessed productivity nerds
- Experience in healthcare/medtech -- many of our companies are in this space; other highly regulated industries are a plus as well.
About AlleyCorp Nord
We are a remote-first company with office space in Montreal. We prefer to hire in Quebec, but we are open to candidates anywhere in the EST time zone in Canada.
AlleyCorp Nord values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity, for us, means fostering a workplace in which a person's differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize their talents and strengths.
Read more about AlleyCorp Nord and our culture, benefits & more here. Working At AlleyCorp Nord.