AlleyCorp is looking for an Associate (~3-5 years experience) or Senior Associate (~6-9 years experience) to join our growing investment and incubation team. In this role, you will work alongside our Partners, Kevin Ryan, and broader team on research, ideation, user and product discovery, and various initiatives connected to launching and investing in new companies. You will play an integral role in shaping multiple new companies each year while also investing in other startups.
We’re looking for someone hyper-curious and detail oriented, who loves rolling up their sleeves alongside a collaborative and dedicated team. If you’re passionate about startups and innovation, this is a tremendous opportunity to meaningfully shape the companies we launch, and to contribute to the entrepreneurial ecosystem in NYC, Montreal, and beyond.
We find that (Senior) Associates stay in the role for about a year, after which time they often have the opportunity to grow into an operating or founding role in an AlleyCorp incubation, or to grow within the internal team. Individuals in similar roles with AlleyCorp have gone on to become a Co-Founder, a CEO, and founding team members within the companies they helped to launch.
What You’ll Do
Supporting incubation work:
- Participate in idea generation and refinement toward new incubations
- Research fundamental trends, markets, and emerging technologies
- Develop pitch/concept decks and other materials in support of new company development
Supporting investing work:
- Source and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Conduct deal diligence and draft internal documentation
Who You Are
- A current investor in early stage venture capital, who is looking for more ownership in your work, and is interested in going deeper on incubation work and sharpening your operator skill set, OR:
- A product manager, engineer, or broader strategy & ops operator at a startup, who wants to make the move to the investor side
- A former management consultant now in a startup operator or VC role
- A recent MBA, JD, or MD graduate with prior startup or consulting experience
- Years of overall work experience can range from 3-9 years
Specifically, we would like to speak with candidates with experience in the following verticals:
- Education / ed tech startups
- Healthcare / health tech startups
- Consumer tech
This role will eventually be based in NYC, though in the current climate the whole team is remote until at least Q3 2021. We are only able to consider applicants with U.S. work authorization at this time.
Please include Cover Letter responding to the following questions:
- Please tell us about 2-3 topic areas, pain points, or industries that really excite you, and why.
- What do you hope to gain from working with AlleyCorp?
AlleyCorp is an early stage venture capital fund and incubator, and one of the most active early stage funds in New York.
As an incubator, AlleyCorp originates the idea, hires the team, funds the initial 6-12 months, launches the company, and maintains integral leadership throughout the company's lifecycle. Some companies that have been incubated through AlleyCorp include MongoDB, Business Insider, Gilt Groupe, Zola, Nomad Health, and more. AlleyCorp will also invest in very early stage companies usually as the first seed investor. Collectively, AlleyCorp companies have raised more than $2B in venture capital and employ thousands of people in New York City and beyond. Every company we found fuels a stronger foundation for new ideas and entrepreneurs.
AlleyCorp welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and commits to a fair hiring process free from discrimination. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees, contractors, and external partners.