Associate Director / Senior Manager, Clinical Development Program Manager
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
The Associate Director or Senior Program Manager, as a core member of the Lirentelimab Clinical Development team, drives development programs in order to maximize program value and patient benefit.
The role is considered the Chief of Staff and a strategic thought partner to the R&D Senior Leadership. The role accelerates informed decision-making, leads effective ways of working, and catalyzes change. Position reports to the Senior Vice President of Strategy & Operations.
- Contribute to shaping the program strategy and enable its execution by translating the strategy into tangible outcomes via effective project planning, team management including human resource allocation, and process management using agile methods and tools.
- Drive the identification of opportunities to accelerate program execution including leading working groups and advising and coaching working group leads.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to make informed decisions more quickly.
- Facilitate Clinical Development Team meetings in alignment with CMO.
- Drive the development and execution of the team priorities.
- Drive communication within the program to ensure awareness and alignment of project decisions, priorities and key milestone updates
- Accountable to maintain key milestones and to manage the project plans of the program.
- Champion team dynamics and lead new ways of working with the aim to build a high-performing team in collaboration with the team performance coach.
- Lead and/or contribute to functional initiatives or represent the department effectively on cross-functional teams to contribute to the broader organization.
- Assist with additional project management responsibilities to support the broader Product Team Meeting and Launch Readiness Review as needed.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Successful candidates will have a minimum of 7 years of relevant drug development experience in the pharma/biotech industry, including a minimum of 5 years supporting cross-functional teams in a scientific and/or commercial environment required.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills to assimilate complex information to inform decisions.
- Strategic leadership and influence to be effective in a highly matrixed organization with geographically dispersed teams.
- Operate effectively in situations of ambiguity and guide teams through challenges, simplifying/distilling complex issues and influencing change in a skillful and mindful way.
- Demonstrated contributions to functional and/or cross-functional initiatives.
- Anticipate the needs of the program/business and proactively drive teams with portfolio context in mind.
- Effective use of interpersonal skills and influence to drive optimal team performance.
- Display of leadership competency, executive presence, and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Project management certification and significant relevant exposure is preferred.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.