Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
As a member of the Allakos team you will have the opportunity to provide overall leadership for the Medical Affairs function at Allakos. They will oversee Medical Affairs, Field Medical Scientists, and support business development. The position will inform clinical studies and liaise closely with the physicians responsible for carrying out Allakos clinical studies. This person should be a “leader/ doer” that is responsible for generating strategies and leading cross functionally. This role will report directly to the Chief Medical Officer and the job can be conducted remotely.
Leading the Medical Affairs function at Allakos:
- Will develop and implement key medical affairs strategies and activities to support the development of our lead assets.
- Develop and present operational plans to management
- Represent company externally
- Direct and oversee all aspects of medical affairs and pre-launch needs
Run and continue to build the Medical Affairs Functions
- In collaboration with the Senior leadership develop Medical affairs vision, mission and department plan in alignment with related functions that will interface with the department (Clinical, Regulatory, HEOR, Communications & Commercial)
- Work closely with clinical team, medical directors and clinical scientists
- Collaborate on publication activities ensuring compliance with Good Publication Practices (GPP) and all applicable regulations.
- Direct and expand the various medical affairs deliverables, including medical communications, conferences, KOL outreach, advisory boards, etc.
- Contribute to the organization as a subject matter expert and team member for program leadership, in commercial partnerships and as part of business development teams.
- Identify data/ resource gaps and needs, perform project risk analysis, and implement solutions.
Senior Leadership Responsibilities and Personal Attributes
- Develops Medical Affairs strategies
- Demonstrates ownership of assigned responsibilities with track record of successful completion
- Regularly exhibits a high level of behaviors consistent with inclusive leadership
- Exhibits a collaborative mindset and builds trust within and across the organization
- Creates a healthy working team culture and develops team members
- Owns external facing leadership with KOLs
- Consults with Senior Leadership for strategic input
- Drives Launch preparedness
Qualifications and Expertise:
- At least 10-15 years of Clinical/Medical Affairs Leadership experience
- Additional experience in clinical development and/or regulatory affairs would be an asset
- Track record of setting and achieving goals (within medical affairs and related functions)
- A medical background is preferred (PharmD, MD or DO). Clinical experience in gastroenterology and/or allergy a plus
- Experience with building medical affairs infrastructure, managing direct reports, building teams and leveraging relationships with clinical
- Must have cross-functional management leadership experience
- Experience with prelaunch and diseases in gastroenterology and/or immunology desired
- Line management experience, particularly with mentoring and developing field personnel
- Must like a dynamic, small, growth company environment
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership