Senior/Executive Medical Director, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development– Allergy/Gastroenterology
Allakos Inc. is a clinical-stage company developing therapeutic antibodies for inhibitory receptors on the surface of immune effector cells involved in allergic, inflammatory and proliferative diseases.
Allakos is committed to developing innovative therapies that transform patients’ lives. We are looking for bright and talented individuals to join our team and share in our passion and commitment to improving the lives of patients.
The Senior/Executive Medical Director will provide clinical and scientific leadership for medical affairs and clinical development activities in the areas of Allergy and Gastroenterology. The position will report directly to the Vice President, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development and play a critical role in designing, implementing, and monitoring clinical studies, as well as contributing to data analysis and creation of study reports for our lead compound, Lirentelimab.
In addition, the Senior/Executive Medical Director will play a key role in generating and communicating medical evidence with external stakeholders and will be expected to be a team player with well-developed skills for gaining the cooperation of others and ensuring effective communication among team members. This position will also represent the Medical Affairs and Clinical Development function within cross-functional teams at Allakos and in external customer-facing engagements.
- Provide leadership of the strategy and development of Lirentelimab’s annual Medical Plans and ensure hands-on implementation of key activities
- Have a strong outward-facing presence while building relationships with Allergists, Gastroenterologists, Pathologists and other key stakeholders
- Provide the medical perspective for the Lirentelimab development program to executives, peers and other members of Medical Affairs team
- Develop and review content for medical and scientific information exchange as well as for educational activities
- Identify opportunities for research collaborations and partnerships with Allergy, Gastroenterology and Pathology experts, medical societies, patient advocacy groups and other stakeholders
- Develop and ensure the clinical and medical accuracy of training materials
- Provide input on manuscripts and expert review of publications and abstracts
- Conduct medical data analyses and interpretation
- Contribute to the development of clinical trial protocols and study reports, medical monitoring plans, safety data reviews, and regulatory licensing applications
- Ensure safety oversight of Allakos clinical trials including functioning as a medical monitor
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Advanced clinical degree required, MD or DO, with specialty certification (or relevant experience) in Gastroenterology, Pathology, Allergy and/or Immunology (current or previous U.S. medical licensure and clinical experience strongly preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of relevant clinical/medical pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience
- Experience with regulatory agency interactions and preparation of regulatory submissions documents including license applications preferred
- Flexibility in prioritizing work and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, critical analysis, initiative, judgment and, decision-making skills
- Strong ability to work within a team environment and professionally represent Allakos to various external stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong relevant subject matter knowledge and working knowledge of biostatistics would be an asset
This position is located in Redwood City, CA and requires up to 40% time traveling.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The Allakos Values are: Selflessness, Drive, Clarity, Thoughtfulness, Fun, and Leadership
Allakos is an equal opportunity employer. Allakos will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.