About the Role
As a Senior Consultant, your responsibilities will include standard project execution and client service activities, focused on IT compliance assessments (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 27001, and other similar engagements).
You will have the opportunity to gain project experience with clients ranging from start-ups to enterprises, across a variety of industries. As an added benefit, A-LIGN does not require Delivery Consultants to report time or sell work!
Reports to: Delivery Manager and Senior Manager
Pay Classification: Full-Time
- Plan and execute various IT compliance assessments (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 27001, and other similar engagements), under the direction of a member of the management team
- Perform IT compliance testing for various IT compliance assessments, under the direction of a member of the management team
- Create agendas for IT compliance assessments
- Perform IT compliance testing under the direction of the management team
- Communicate effectively to the management team, prior to, during, and post fieldwork (i.e., testing phase)
- Review manager’s planning meeting minutes, and prepare as appropriate for meetings
- Prepare testing lead sheets throughout the project
- Review evidence uploaded by the client for appropriateness
- Provide feedback regarding appropriateness of evidence uploaded by the client
- Provide detailed project status reports weekly to management
- Organize client information on A-LIGN’s Shared Drive
- Proactively communicate any potential issues to the management team
- At least 3 years of experience in IT audit, preferably with the Big 4 or a mid-tier audit/consulting firm
- Knowledge of various IT compliance standards including SOC 2, ISO 27001, PCI
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high degree of motivation
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Ability to work individually as well as collaboratively
- Demonstrate capabilities with moderate supervision
- Ability to determine appropriateness of evidence provided by the client
- Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented mindset who can work well within a team as well as independently
- Must be detail oriented and organized in completing tasks
- Must be proactive, anticipate roadblocks, and offer solutions
- Ability to utilize the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have a sense of urgency around completing tasks and the order and priority of tasks based on business needs
- Strong composition, grammar, and business language skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with the management team and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks with a high level of efficiency
A-LIGN is a technology-enabled security and compliance partner trusted by more than 2,400 global organizations to confidently mitigate cybersecurity risks. We work with small businesses to global enterprises with services spanning across SOC, Penetration Testing, PCI DSS, HITRUST, ISO and privacy compliance. Our proprietary compliance management platform is transforming the compliance experience by enabling an anytime, anywhere approach to audits. For more information, visit
Apply online today at A-LIGN.com and learn about life at A-LIGN by following our Careers at A-LIGN LinkedIn!
A-LIGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer! Minorities, women, disabled, and veterans encouraged to apply!