Senior UAV Engineer (Perception and Mapping) | Algorythma
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology company, that creates impactful products backed with experience from leading individuals, corporations and institutions across the globe. Algorythma is developing world-class sustainable technology initiatives and products that address the needs of individuals, institutions, corporations and government entities.We are a team of scientists, developers, artists, designers, writers, and innovative thinkers who have joined to transform creative ideas into turnkey solutions and applications.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.
As a senior UAV engineer, you will work with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to implement state of the art algorithms derived from world-class research.
You will be part of a team working on the design and develop the next generation autonomous small UAV for indoor and outdoor applications. The ideal candidate should have experience in applied robotics research and expertise in perception and aerial manipulation. The candidate is expected to be familiar with activities such as: calibrating cameras, sensor fusion, point cloud manipulation, object tracking, and object manipulation, and visual serving in the real world.
- Design and implement innovative UAV systems and payloads to be employed autonomously in real-world applications
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams in order to develop per-specifications autonomous aerial systems
- Designing, planning and conducting real-world experiments
- Develop practical high-performance UAV systems that can operate in extreme and challenging environments
- Create highly reliable and maintainable codebases
- Engage with external stakeholder(s) and sponsors on a regular basis to disseminate results and receive end user feedback
- You have a Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or a closely related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with visual servoing aerial manipulation
- Experience with computer vision, point cloud processing or radar signal processing
- Experience with embedded hardware such as NVidia Xavier, Tegra, Jetson or NUCs
- Experience in software architecture and Docker
- Experience with agile software development processes.
- Experience in a collaborative development environment, including paradigms such as
- Proven theoretical and practical experience with autopilots and firmware
- continuous integration & delivery, V&V, etc.
- Knowledge of UAV modelling and control, forward/inverse kinematics and dynamics, spatial transformations, trajectory design and path planning
- Experience with C/C++, Python, and ROS
- Experience in Linux and parallel programming on GPGPU using OpenCL
- Ability to work organized and independently
- Experience building and flying drones
- Experience with deep learning (Caffe, CNNs, Keras, and TensorFlow) will be a plus
- Experience with Decentralized Visual SLAM