eCommerce Data Analyst | Swan
Swan is UAE’s unique grocery shopping application that provides its users a platform to shop for groceries both online and offline connecting them with their favorite retailers.Swan gathers a passionate team of technology and business experts who envision to provide a hybrid grocery shopping experience powered by cutting edge technology, AI & ML algorithms. With Swan customers can view their nearby promotions, order online deliveries and can even visit the stores and experience a modern shopping through Swan's phygital (Scan, pay & go) feature. Ultimately, Swan aims to reshape the face of retail, by bringing together the benefits of e-commerce and traditional shopping under one omnichannel platform.
The Data Analyst’s mission is to improve product decision making through analyzing trends in customer purchases and evaluating changes in the online retail market.The Data Analyst will strive to understand the dynamics of the marketplace through descriptive analysis, identify roadblocks for customers in the checkout process and recommend improvements.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, to drive key business decisions.
• Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues.
• Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights.
• Work with teams across Swan to improve data quality on our platforms.
• Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
• 4+ years work experience in a quant role at a product company with a bachelor's degree or higher in business management, systems management, online marketing or related disciplines.
• Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data.
• Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau.
• Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python.
• Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence business decision making.
• A desire to build and improve consumer software products.
• Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company.