Technical Product Manager | Swan
Swan is UAE’s unique grocery shopping application that provides its users a platform to shop
for groceries both online and offline connecting them with their favorite retailers.
Swan gathers a passionate team of technology and business experts who envision to provide a hybrid grocery shopping experience powered by cutting edge technology, AI & ML algorithms. With Swan customers can view their nearby promotions, order online deliveries and can even visit the stores and experience a modern shopping through Swan’s phygital (Scan, pay & go) feature. Ultimately, Swan aims to reshape the face of retail, by bringing together the benefits of e-commerce and traditional shopping under one omnichannel platform.
Swan is looking for a seasoned technology professional and manager who can use their experience to build effective teams, high-performance culture, scalable processes, and mentor aspiring talent. The candidate must be entrepreneurial, hands-on in technology, must have experience with design, development and delivery of mobile apps, web applications and tech platforms, at web scale. It is highly important for the candidate to have experience with eCommerce and is expected to have some experience in the retail sector, building technology systems and platforms.
- Plan and set roadmap for Engineering/Technology/Product development.
- Ensure Team Development and Resourcing, for the team to execute on the product’s priorities.
- Give product development timelines, accept given timelines (based on business priorities), and deliver on agreed, discussed and committed timelines.
- Attract, hire, retain and develop top-notch engineering/technology talent.
- Implement technology product(s) as per the product requirements, using appropriate technologies. The company’s tech-stack comprises Node.js (for Backend), MongoDB as the Database (MEAN stack), and Native App development (for iOS and Android).
- Lead day-to-day technology decision making and execution.
- Coach developers, and help them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Represent your team to senior leadership and across other groups and teams within the company.
- Communicate business goals to the engineers. Keep them focused on building the right product and in the right manner. Ensure that engineering is always adding business value and communicate this value to the business leaders.
- Set standards and apply the best practices to improve engineering processes, ensure the delivery of quality products, in a speedy, scalable, and extensible manner.
- Be an individual contributor if necessary. Engineering managers could spend ~20% of their time coding and contributing to the code base. Perform regular code review of the code being developed by your team, to maintain high quality of code.
- 8+ years of prior experience in shipping quality scalable and extensible software as a top-notch Senior Engineer or Architect.
- 4+ years as a proven leader/manager, managing a team and scaling an organization, with a high standard of excellence. Good people management and project management skills.
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing and shipping high quality mobile apps and end-to-end systems (consumer facing and business facing systems), under tight timelines and delivery pressure.
- Computer Science & Engineering education/degree from an internationally recognized top technology institute or university.
- Capacity to take the complete responsibility of developing and delivering a product-mobile apps and backend. Has good design sense. Has experience with Node.js.
- Proven ability to work through organization and teams with very strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills. High technology capability and expertise.
- Innate ability to connect the dots, communicate and iterate on team, business and larger company goals. Assigns work to the technical team and get work done in short Sprints.
- Aptitude to handle complex/challenging environments and vague/changing requirements.
- Experienced in Scrum and Agile model of management. Experienced in Startup environment. Worked in a rapidly growing startup before.
- Knowledge of new and cutting-edge technologies & tools. Experience working on complex projects having Analytics, Data-Science and Machine Learning components.
- Experience with mobile applications development, web platforms, and web applications development. Experience with eCommerce. Experience in the Retail sector, preferred.
- Experience with backend software development at high scale. Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and microservices design.