Senior Backend Engineer | Investera
Investera is a Fintech company that has developed a market-leading investment management platform. The platform provides an end-to-end solution allowing users to manage every aspect of the investment process effortlessly in one place. Its extensive features are designed to make investment processes highly efficient so that users can focus more of their time and efforts on creating wealth for their clients.Investera is targeted primarily at private equity firms, family-owned investment enterprises, as well as venture capitalists, investment banks, and wealth management firms and initially serves the United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain.
The Senior Engineer must have the ability to work on a project at any stage: ideation, prototyping, development, testing or deployment. The Engineer must be positive, energetic, motivated, entrepreneurial and can lead the execution of a module from start to completion.
- Design and develop software products/modules/services using Java Spring Framework.
- Support the existing products/modules/services and create new ones.
- Guide and mentor junior developers.
- Take responsibility for the full software development lifecycle of modules including design,
architecture, development, unit testing, integration testing and change management.
- 6+ years of experience in Java based system design and development.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in Java programming, libraries, frameworks and development environments / tools. Awareness of the latest developments in the space.
- Strong Experience with Java frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot & Hibernate; Github
- Excellent Backend development knowledge and experience. Including system design (HLD, LLD)
- Architecture, scalability, extensibility, OO design, database design, design principles, etc.
- Experience in managing databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.). Experience in designing simple/effective enterprise database schema based on complex requirements.
- Agile method of working: tracking and updating stories, tasks, epics, project (in JIRA, etc.)
- Excellent in problem solving, algorithms, data structures, and coding. Understands the impact of algorithms and data structures on performance. Good communication skills.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software, as per product requirements.
- Troubleshoots production issues, systems integration, and multi-platform compatibility issues.
- Researches, understands, tests, builds, and coordinates the implementation and/or integration of new platforms, frameworks, libraries and solutions, as per product requirements.
- Experience in designing, architecting, and developing new Enterprise Applications: Web-based (browser based) Enterprise B2B (Business to Business) SAAS (Software as a Service) products (cloud-based and on-premise), preferably in the finance domain.
- Experience in design and development of a Workflow Management System (e.g. using JBPM), or a Document Management System, or a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system, is a plus.
- Micro-services design and SOA architecture experience is a plus. Experience in Web+ Mobile.
- App backend development, and managing Backend Infrastructure (AWS / Cloud), is a plus.