Job Description: -
Senior Backend Engineer (Java)
The Senior Engineer must have the ability to work on a project at any stage: ideation, prototyping,
development, testing or deployment. The Engineer must be positive, energetic, motivated,
entrepreneurial and can lead the execution of a module from start to completion.
Job Location: Abu Dhabi
Experience: 6+ years
Job Requirements: -Technical Skills and Experience:
Roles & Responsibility:
· Designing and developing software products/modules/services using Java Spring Framework.
· Supporting the existing products/modules/services and creation of new ones.
· Guiding / mentoring junior developers
· Responsible for the full software development lifecycle of modules including design,
architecture, development, unit testing, integration testing and change management.
· 6+ years of experience in Java based system design and development.
· Excellent knowledge of and experience in Java programming, libraries, frameworks and
development environments / tools. Awareness of the latest developments in the space.
· Strong Experience with Java frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot & Hibernate; Github
· Excellent Backend development knowledge and experience. Including system design (HLD, LLD)
Architecture, scalability, extensibility, OO design, database design, design principles, etc.
· Preferable to have Frontend/Web-UI/Fullstack development experience: Experience working
· Experience in designing, architecting, and developing new Enterprise Applications: Web-based
(browser based) Enterprise B2B (Business to Business) SAAS (Software as a Service) products
(cloud-based and on-premise), preferably in the finance domain.
· Experience in design and development of a Workflow Management System (e.g. using JBPM), or
a Document Management System, or a Role Based Access Control (RBAC) system, is a plus.
· Micro-services design and SOA architecture experience is a plus. Experience in Web + Mobile
App backend development, and in managing Backend Infrastructure (AWS / Cloud), is a plus.
· Experience in managing databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.). Experience in designing
simple/effective enterprise database schema based on complex requirements.
· Agile method of working: tracking and updating stories, tasks, epics, project (in JIRA, etc.)
· Excellent in problem solving, algorithms, data structures, and coding. Understands the impact of
algorithms and data structures on performance. Good communication skills.
· Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software, as per product requirements.
· Troubleshoots production issues, systems integration, and multi-platform compatibility issues.
· Researches, understands, tests, builds, and coordinates the implementation and/or integration
of new platforms, frameworks, libraries and solutions, as per product requirements.