Senior UAV Autonomy Engineer | Algorythma
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology company,that creates impactful products backed with experience from leading individuals, corporations and institutions across the globe. Algorythma is developing world-class sustainable technology initiatives and products that address the needs of individuals, institutions, corporations and government entities.We are a team of scientists, developers, artists, designers, writers, and innovative thinkers who have joined to transform creative ideas into turnkey solutions and applications.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.
As an autonomy engineer, you will work with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team to implement state of the art algorithms derived from world-class research.
Your responsibilities will include developing, testing and optimization of existing and new methods for real time control, state estimation, mapping and planning of aerial robots. These algorithms need to be lightweight such to run on embedded platforms
- Design and implement innovative UAV systems and payloads to be employed autonomously in real-world applications
- Development of novel algorithms to achieve robust and control of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the presence of external disturbances
- Designing, planning and conducting real-world experiments
- Develop practical high-performance UAV systems that can operate in extreme and challenging environments
- Engage with external stakeholder(s) and sponsors on a regular basis to disseminate results and receive end user feedback
- You have a Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or a closely related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven theoretical and practical experience with autopilots and firmware
- Strong publication track in international, high-quality journals and conferences
- Strong experience in closed loop control and state estimation for aerial robots
- Strong background in filtering approaches to fuse multiple sensor data to obtain reliable state estimation and real time control
- Ability to work organized and independently
- You are strong in one or more of the following areas: Visual Inertial Odometry, LIDAR/Vision-based SLAM, Machine Learning for Semantic Classification.
- Knowledge of UAV modelling and control, forward/inverse kinematics and dynamics, spatial transformations, trajectory design and path planning
- Knowledge of behavior-based control, navigation, obstacle avoidance
- Experience with C/C++, Python, and ROS
- Experience in Deep learning will be a plus
- Experience with Decentralized Visual SLAM
- Experience with distributed version control system such as git
- Experience in 3D mapping