Android Developer | Saal.ai
Saal.ai is a U.A.E based organization focusing on an AI framework capable of performing cognitive tasks via multimodal sensor inputs .We strive towards Artificial General Intelligence using learning paradigms such as Active Learning, Meta-Learning and Reinforcement Learning. We are committed to developing market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
As a Saal.ai Android mobile developer you’ll provide technical leadership, working closely with the wider team to ensure high quality code is delivered in line with the project goals and delivery cycles. You'll work closely with designers to deliver rapid prototypes as well as production code for which you'll ensure high accessibility standards are upheld.
- Be familiar with modern frameworks and languages, as well as working practices such as Clean Code, TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
- Deliver complex native mobile apps for Android.
- Write clean code to develop functional applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Provide training and support to internal teams.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies.
- Proactively advise on best practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Must have proven knowledge developing native Android applications from scratch which have launched in the App-Store and would ideally be able to provide examples of these.
- Follows Clean Code/Solid principles.
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform and Android Developer Tools.
- Solid experience working with the Android SDK.
- Adheres and uses TDD/BDD.ESPRESSO, RX JAVA, RX ANDROID, JAVA, REST. IDE Intellij/Android Studio. Gradle.
- Ensures all software built is robust and scalable.
- Excellent grasp of the Java fundamentals and have extensive experience in building mobile applications in Android.
- Competence with native Android and love to learn the latest libraries to improve your productivity.
- Experience in building phone and tablet user-interfaces that scale to screen size.
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behavior and performance.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards and developing web products that can be used easily by users with a range of assistive technology needs.
- Experience mentoring and training other developers in a non-line management capacity.
- Experience mentoring or helping colleagues optimize their code.
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems.
- System administration and configuration management skills.
- Experience presenting work at user groups, business and to peers.
- Experience with Ruby
- Other JVM languages (Groovy, Kotlin etc).