- Opportunity to lead and contribute to the further development of effective and scalable product development operations across the full software development life-cycle in a fast paced, high-growth AI/ML startup.
- Work with a highly motivated and innovative group of product and engineering leaders to build cutting edge AI and ML products and services.
- Establish the foundation for a well defined and highly effective program management function and manage its future growth.
Algorithmia is the enterprise machine learning operations (MLOps) platform. We enable ML and operations teams to work together on complex machine learning applications in one central location. We make it seamless to deploy ML at scale, with tools to connect data sources and orchestration engines, use any major framework, platform, or ML language, and govern and secure your ML architecture. Over 130,000 engineers and data scientists have used Algorithmia’s platform to date, including the United Nations, government intelligence agencies, and Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager to help us continue to deliver high-quality and high-velocity value to our customers as our team grows and our customers’ needs become ever more complex. You will be a core contributor to Algorithmia’s ability to push through its next phase of growth and establish mature and effective program management practices. We’ve already demonstrated that our product fits the market need, but those needs are rapidly evolving and we are committed to supporting our customers on that journey. In this role you will need to be a player coach and balance being scrappy and getting work done with making consistent strategic progress on maturing our practices. You will experience the unique visibility and growth opportunities that comes with joining the first AI startup funded by Google’s AI Fund.
As Principal Program Manager at Algorithmia, you will:
- Work with engineering to prioritize workload and manage resources to meet deadlines
- Work with product team and leadership to ensure alignment and communication of strategic and roadmap priorities
- Implement appropriate software development life-cycle methodologies
- Identify and manage risks and opportunities across multiple initiatives and teams
- Report status of projects and initiatives to leadership and stakeholders
- Collect and publish metrics around product development performance
- Coordinate product delivery activities including documentation and field training activities
- Build out a Program Management practice and function with reliable and consistent processes and policies
- Help create a positive, inclusive, results oriented culture
This role is expected to grow with the company as we build out a program management function. Candidates with people management experience are highly desirable.
And we might make the great match if you:
- Have 7+ years experience in project and or program management in a commercial software company
- Have 3+ years experience in one or more of the following: Cloud infrastructure, large-scale distributed systems, service delivery, SaaS
- Have a combination of experience with big and small company environments
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Lean development methodologies
- Have core project management skills – scheduling, prioritizing, managing dependent task relationships
- Have the ability to manage a team’s activities to a deliverable and a date
- Are experienced with managing issues and risks with complexity and conflicting priorities
- Are experienced managing scope to keep scope creep from happening
- Demonstrated the ability to manage multiple large scale projects
- Are very effective at clear written and verbal communication skills including to customer and executive level audiences
- Shown ability to identify, track and report key performance metrics
At Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way the world uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages collaboration and exploration. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, fun, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond the salary, equity, and insurance benefits—from your work location of choice within the US or Canada.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.