- Identify, build, and deploy algorithms that solve real-world industry problems at massive scale
- Join a company that has always been remote-friendly - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
- Experience rapid growth in an AI startup, backed by industry leaders including Google’s AI fund
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI/ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on a massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 80k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
We’re hiring an Applied Machine Learning Engineer to join the Office of the CTO that’s finding, implementing, and testing algorithms in the Algorithmia platform. You’ll join a team of highly focused engineers developing for a platform that supports over 80k engineers and processes millions of AI/ML workloads. Our team has worked on building billion dollar products at Amazon, Danger, Microsoft, Socrata, and Paypal. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
As an Applied Machine Learning Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
- Build & maintain build/runtime environments for all major Machine Learning Frameworks: Tensorflow, PyTorch, MXNet, Caffe, AllenNLP, SpaCy, etc.
- Write & optimize algorithms to: scale, better utilize GPU resources, and handle massive amounts of traffic (this is not a research role)
- Develop tools to use for Data Scientists from top Fortune 100 companies around the world
- Solve challenges that come with building & maintaining an ML agnostic platform
- Write production-quality code that solves real world problems, in any of our supported algorithm development languages
- Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
- Work anywhere in the Americas. We have teams in Seattle, NYC, Vancouver BC, Nova Scotia - or 100% remote from home
And we might make a great match if you:
- Are a skilled software engineer with experience in more than one programming language (such as Python, Java, Scala, etc.) and deep understanding of at least one (we do a lot of Python - and will be happy to teach you the other languages)
- Experience working on distributed systems, industry data science, any kind of public AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, or the implementation of something cool on our AI marketplace (hint: free trial!)
- Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Having practical experience or a degree (MS/PhD is a plus) in Computer Science including practical areas of Machine Intelligence (or Deep Learning), and excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Are current on the state-of-the-art in Machine Learning algorithms in the industry
- Are a strong software developer taking active steps to learn machine learning.
As an Applied Machine Learning Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, fun, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits - all from the comfort of your own sofa (or our dog-friendly office).
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW, or learn more at algorithmia.com
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.