- Expand and enhance the serverless platform that allows anyone to deploy AI and ML at any scale
- Join a truly remote-friendly company - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
- Experience rapid growth in the first AI startup to be funded by Google
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 80k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
Due to unprecedented growth, we’re hiring Software Engineers to participate in the design and development of the underlying Algorithmia platform. You will join a passionate, remote-friendly team delivering a platform that already supports over 80k engineers and processes millions of AI and ML workloads. We work with Scala, Docker, Kubernetes, large-scale distributed systems, modern microservices architecture, and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure on AWS. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
- Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Use Java/Scala to create stateless and stateful backend services in the cloud, with a focus on AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and RDS to enable rapid deployment and iteration
- Dig deep into containerization, right down to the kernel level (lxc, cgroups, etc.)
- Take pride in building and running secure, reliable, and performant distributed services that support a global customer base
- Have a real career plan, with mentorship and fast-track opportunities to promotion, technical leadership, people management, or wherever your interests may be
- Work from anywhere in the USA or Canada. We have teams in Seattle, NYC, Vancouver BC, Nova Scotia - or go 100% remote from home (Snuggie, bunny slippers, and all - no judgement!)
And we might make the perfect match if you:
- Have excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Are a skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (such as Java, Scala, Golang, C++) and expertise in at least one (we do a lot of Scala - and will be happy to teach you)
- Bring expertise with at least one cloud platform; our platform is architected to support customer environments including AWS, Azure, GCP, and OpenStack
- Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Bonus points for experience working on distributed systems, data science, any kind of AI/ML projects, distributed or parallel computing, interesting public code, or the implementation of something cool on our AI marketplace (hint: free trial!)
As a Senior Software Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way everyone uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages you to follow your own interests as well. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, quirky, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond just salary, equity, and insurance benefits - all from the comfort of your own sofa (or our dog-friendly office).
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW, or learn more at algorithmia.com
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.