Location - Anywhere US or Canada
- Expand and enhance the serverless platform that allows anyone to deploy AI and ML at any scale
- Join a company that has always been remote-friendly - work anywhere in the US or Canada including your sofa, the beach, or our Seattle waterfront office
- Experience rapid growth in the first AI startup to be funded by Google
Algorithmia is a single solution for all stages of the ML operations (MLOps) and management lifecycle. We enable ML and operations teams to work together on complex machine learning applications in one central location. We make it seamless to deploy ML at scale, with tools to connect data sources and orchestration engines, use any major framework, platform, or ML language, and govern and secure your ML architecture. More than 100,000 engineers and data scientists trust Algorithmia, including the United Nations and numerous Fortune 500 companies.
Due to unprecedented growth, we’re hiring Senior Software Engineers to participate in the design and development of the underlying Algorithmia platform. You will join a passionate, remote-friendly team delivering a platform that already supports over 80k engineers and processes millions of AI and ML workloads. We work with Scala, Docker, Kubernetes, large-scale distributed systems, modern microservices architecture, and cutting-edge cloud infrastructure on AWS, Azure, and on-premises with VMWare. We offer our engineers an unparalleled opportunity to learn, grow, and impact an enormous user community.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Algorithmia, you will:
- Work with a passionate, distributed team on the cutting edge of AI/ML infrastructure
- Use Scala to create stateless and stateful backend services in the cloud, with a focus on AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and RDS to enable rapid deployment and iteration
- Take pride in building and running secure, reliable, and performant distributed services that support a global customer base
- Have meaningful opportunities for career growth, mentorship, promotion, technical leadership, and/or people management based on your interests
- Work from anywhere in the USA or Canada. We have teams in Seattle and Toronto - or go 100% remote from home (Snuggie, bunny slippers, and all - no judgment!)
And we might make a great match if you:
- Have excellent fundamentals in computer science, algorithms, and software design
- Quickly become productive in unfamiliar codebases
- Have 7 or more years of experience in progressively higher responsibility software engineering roles
- Are a skilled software engineer with experience in multiple compiled languages (such as Java, Scala, Golang, C++) and fluency in Java or Scala (we do a lot of Scala - and will be happy to teach Java experts that have no Scala experience)
- Have experience building scalable, high-performance, distributed systems
- Enjoy reviewing product requirements, developing high-level technical designs for those requirements, and leading small technical teams to implement those designs
- Use code reviews to learn about new work, spot bugs or feature inconsistencies before they become mainline, and teach software engineering best practices to your peers
- Care deeply about software maintainability and testability, knowing that your code and designs will power demanding customer workloads. (We embody “move fast” but not “break things”.)
- Have deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Bonus points for experience working on data science, any kind of AI/ML projects, or notable public code
As a Senior Software Engineer at Algorithmia you’ll join a passionate team that’s changing the way the world uses AI and ML. You’ll solve real problems, make an impact, and work in a flexible environment that encourages collaboration and exploration. You’ll be welcomed into an intelligent, fun, and diverse group and gain access to fantastic perks beyond the salary, equity, and insurance benefits—from your work location of choice.
If this sounds like you APPLY NOW, or learn more at algorithmia.com
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.