At Algolia, we’re looking for a Customer Success Advocate (Renewals Manager) who is responsible for high volume / low touch engagements with a dedicated portfolio of customers with the Australia & New Zealand regions. As a CSA, you will engage with each customer proactively to identify risk and expansion potential. You are also responsible for ensuring each customer is successful and seeing value with Algolia, while also managing the renewal process. You will be working cross-functionally, partnering with Sales, CSE's and CSM's, along with finance and deal desk.
In this Customer Centric role, you will get the opportunity to work on the front lines with our incredible customer base and get exposure to exciting and complex customer interactions. You'll connect with our customers to understand their needs and challenges while partnering with our Customer Success team to ensure their challenges are addressed. You'll establish relationships with customers as you negotiate to maximize mutual benefit at renewal time.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Owning and executing a portfolio of renewal contracts in an assigned territory
- Ensuring all renewals occur on time
- Identifying growth opportunities and providing insights to the business that improve future business outcomes
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for small, medium and large account contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust
- Own, drive and manage the renewal process with customers, including renewal quotes and renewal opportunities, in collaboration with Customer Success, Finance, Legal, Deal Desk and Sales teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
- Maximize account growth opportunities by playing an active role on the account team and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure (OTRR: On Time Renewal Rate & Retention will be a KPI)
- Provide Customer Success Management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit Algolia VP or Executive involvement as required
- Accurately maintain/update and provide renewal forecast of your territory and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources in order to develop resolution strategies
- Follow and adhere to best practices for all internal processes including, but not limited to, Opportunity Management, Data Quality and accuracy, Quotations and Forecasting
- Achieve financial and strategic targets for minimizing attrition, positioning favorable terms and boosting incremental revenue via up-sells, cross-sells and add-ons, and maximize customer value
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on a monthly, and quarterly basis
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience of relevant experience at a SaaS/Software Company
- Ability to cover Australian time zones
- Ability to manage a large number of active accounts, identify problems and opportunities, and provide solutions for each of them with strong process management, negotiation skills, financial acumen, and ability to apply strict policies
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates
- Ability to react and adapt to potential rapid shifts in priorities and organizational policies
- Constantly looking to learn and improve
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with an enterprise CRM or customer service application
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a significant plus
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive value conversations with customers at an executive level
- Ability to manage transactions through every stage of the renewal cycle
- Experience in negotiating complex multi-year services contracts
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, Sydney and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, Sydney and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!