Algolia is in search of a Deal Desk Analyst to oversee our quote-to-order process, drive sales efficiency and assist our sales team with complex deals creation. You will be responsible for defining standard deal procedures, providing analytical and process support to complex non-standard deals, and facilitating getting approvals from the respective decision-makers (e.g. Sales leadership, Finance, Legal, exec team).
You will also proactively contribute to suggest evolution to our pricing model when needed, especially through the identification of pricing templates, and build pre-approved approaches to financial structure and discounts, and non standard Terms & Conditions. The ideal candidate will combine a strong business acumen with analytical skills and a collaborative mindset. You will primarily assist the sales and account managers, and work collaboratively with multiple teams, gathering input and providing analytics to the deal process. You will create efficiency to the sales organisation through a deep understanding of our pricing model and by teaching the team on how to optimise all the parameters.
You will have an analytical approach with outstanding numerical skills and be passionate about delivering key support. You are very organized, and diligent. Your attention to detail is exceptional and you are a natural strategic problem solver ready to take all the curveballs being thrown at you. You put your team first and understand the importance of collaboration and operational efficiency.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Overseeing our overall quote-to-order process
- Defining standard/non-standard deal criteria and related approval process
- Managing day-to-day optimisation of complex non standard deals
- Establishing a shared vision of best practices and new pricing templates
- Streamlining our standard deal flow and implementing new templates in our CRM (salesforce.com)
- Maximising and drive efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Offering organisational design thinking to best structure the processes around this function
- Defining and analysing metrics that inform the success of the Deal Desk
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Have 3+ years of experience as an account manager and/or 2+ years of experience in a Deal Desk function in a SaaS company
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience building complex deals (multi-million, multi-year, ramp-up deals, success fees deals, …) for customers in different industries
- Experience building TCO and ROI analysis
- Deep understanding of SaaS and subscription pricing mechanisms, including consumption based models
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!