Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world. We see Developer Experience as a key element of our offering: we maintain high-quality SDKs for a dozen languages and platforms. We value Grit, Trust, Candor, Care and Humility. If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
The Developer Experience (DX) team aims to help Algolia grow as an agile business. To achieve that, we are building a powerful & flexible platform empowering internal feature teams to release, track & monetize new products while ensuring that customers understand their usage and control their billing.
We are looking for a Program Manager to own the developer programs of the DX Team. Creating and running programs that enable developers to accelerate their usage of/value from Algolia. This individual will partner closely with product management, engineering managers, other Program Managers and with executive leadership to execute and align on complex technical programs.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Leading the Algolia DocSearch, Logo and Startup programs.
- Working with cross-company stakeholders in Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Operations.
- Defining and building new high-value, strategic programs that enable developers to more easily adopt and derive value from Algolia product offerings.
- Establishing and managing OKRs for all programs and across various stages of programs (i.e. from inception to beta to release to operating at scale).
- Identifying opportunities and plans to improve existing programs.
- Working with key partners to help them design, plan, and implement Algolia’s APIs and product features in their own applications.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of experience in working with/as a developer and an interest in beginning a technical program manager
- Some experience managing programs across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and working with tech teams
- Good understanding of how an API (like Algolia) is implemented and what is means for someone’s software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!