Join us as we're pursuing our new and disruptive Algolia AI product, which consists of a suite of API-based, machine learning models that enables developers, data scientists, and marketers to create highly effective personalized customer experiences. We are passionate about our work and seek to deliver the best experience for our users and we're committed to each other’s success.
At Algolia AI we tackle a spectrum of problems including but not limited to: optimization, collaborative filtering, user behavior predictions, etc. and we are hiring motivated Machine Learning Engineers across all these areas.
The ideal candidate for this position is a critical thinker who has a past experience in creating end-to-end machine learning solutions. There is tremendous opportunity in front of us, and joining now gives you a chance to grow your career and interests as we succeed.
At Algolia AI, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds! We’re predicting user behaviors and building the intent graph which is then exposed through our API and dashboard. We then make it easy for product-dev teams to orchestrate sophisticated user experiences using our front-end libraries and tools.
Your experience, your knowledge and your perspective will add value to an ambitious team of intrapreneurs that are not afraid to tackle complex problems our customers face as they’re building their personalization strategy.
- You will study and transform data science prototypes, research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools, develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- You will build end-to-end machine learning solutions to bring models from proof-of-concept stage to production.
- You will be dedicated to a small cross-discipline product team, with tremendous ownership and responsibility for guiding things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community, including data scientists, research scientists and machine learning engineers, sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will develop high impact solutions to support Algolia's AI ambitious growth plans.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to recommending a solution and testing it in controlled experiments.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide AI initiatives.
- You will select appropriate datasets and data representation methods, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results, train and retrain systems when necessary
- You will extend existing ML libraries and frameworks, keep abreast of developments in the field, designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems
- +5 years proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- B.Sc. (required), M.S./PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python is a must
- Strong engineering skills and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Previously built, trained and shipped large-scale models on cloud services (Docker, AWS/GCP/Azure)
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between urgency and quality
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Ability to work in a team, being a team-player
- Willing and able to speaking at tech and industry conferences
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.`
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!