At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is looking for a passionate and empathetic Product Designer, who is eager to influence, grow, and participate in the entire product development process, from early research and ideation to tweaking pixels up to shipping and post-launch. You will approach and identify problems and opportunities with curiosity and humility and frame them in a way that guides your team to delivering impactful work. You will effectively collaborate cross-functionally to develop a vision and drive projects to completion. You’re motivated by goals and outcomes, staying focused on the big picture while giving care to the details when necessary. You will iterate thoughtfully, utilizing data and user research to ensure you’re on the right path to your goal. You’ll help champion design thinking within your squad, the design team and within the broader organization. You work humbly and kindly, aren’t afraid to make mistakes, to admit failure, and to learn from it. You’re always looking to improve yourself and to lift up others around you.
The work here is interesting, challenging and fun. Here are a few examples of what we work on: designing search analytics and other business tools for our customers, improving our customer Dashboard, building an amazing developer experience through documentation and tutorials, developing and testing search patterns (used by millions of people), building search design tools for developers, voice search, growth projects and much more.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Architect and design customer-influenced journeys that delight our users and allow them to build exceptional experiences with Algolia
- Partner with PMs, engineers, other designers and stakeholders across the company to deliver products and features from conception to launch
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale verbally and visually to a variety of audiences (team members, your squad, company-wide, execs)
- Own the success or failure of your design work: validate your designs and initiate improvements
- Constantly seek and respectfully provide design feedback
- Help refine our processes and define best practices for design at Algolia
- 9+ years product design experience
- Experience designing and shipping digital products (not just websites)
- A well-rounded design skills set (including product thinking, UX, UI)
- Self-awareness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- An appreciation for the entire product development cycle: research, problem definition, ideation, solution design, validation and iteration
- Strong communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Mindset focused on learning and professional growth
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior work experience on a highly technical enterprise product
- Experience working in Figma or Sketch in a team setting
- Passion for working collaboratively in a dynamic, international context
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!