Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world. If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
The teams are looking for an experienced individual who is well versed in defining, building and operating scalable architectures, with proven strengths in cross-team collaboration, taking solutions all the way through delivery to adoption by other engineering teams.
As a senior team member, you will play a pivotal role in architecting and implementing systems that play a central role across all of Algolia’s products. You will also play a role in training/mentoring and leading team members.
Providing a first-class Search experience at scale is a challenging endeavor: users expect finding, in the blink of an eye, highly relevant items with little to no effort. The core Algolia's offering, relies on a rock-solid Search engine, whose efficiency, configurability and stability made the fame of Algolia.
The teams are composed of engineers with different backgrounds and experience both in the industry and academia. Your experience, your knowledge and your perspective will add to this diversity, and help the team deliver products that make a difference.
Your role will consist of:
- Build and design a self-service, scalable and distributed platform that can seamlessly scale to handle billions of events per day
- Build data pipelines for collection, storage, processing, and analysis of data
- Build integrations with external APIs, connectors and services: eq. Segment, Google Tag Manager, GA360
- Work closely with the rest of the R&D team to deliver the tools they need to develop next-generation products
- Be responsible of the quality, soundness of the system
You might be a fit if you have:
- Experience building and operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience designing and building data pipelines
- Experience designing new applications with reliability, operability, and availability in mind
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers such as GCP, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Excellent spoken and written English skills are required
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
Team’s current stack:
- Golang, GCP/GKE, pubsub, bigquery, bigtable, CircleCI, terraform
- API Clients: JS, Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, RoR, Symfony, Laravel
- NodeJS, TS, React, Shopify Polaris
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!