Algolia is part of a cadre of companies that are driving the next generation of software development. Companies like Algolia, Stripe, Twilio et al are creating composable APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch using AWS APIs and better than the old way of having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
We’re looking for a SEM Manager with a passion for search and proven successes in traffic growth, conversion optimization and pipeline generation. You are an expert search engine marketer with deep SEM experience in developing successful paid search strategies. Your mission will consist of bringing our digital campaigns to prominence and performance in paid search engine rankings, by increasing traffic and driving pipeline with a strong ROI. Reporting to the Marketing Director, you will be part of a global multi-player team: Content, Design, Web, Demand Gen, Product Marketing, Events, Sales, among others. We are looking for a passionate search marketer with extensive background in strategic, technical and analytical SEM and data-driven marketing.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Plan, develop and implement our SEM strategy for both Google and Bing
- Build, optimize, measure and report regularly on campaign performance directly from SEM platforms (i.e. not utilizing intermediary tech.)
- Help build and integrate SEM reporting infrastructure into martech stack to ensure regularly intervaled reporting
- Perform in-depth data analysis and insight into key metrics and provide recommendations for improving and scaling SEM effort
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research and subsequent content planning strategy in tandem with SEO manager
- Work closely with SEO manager on SERP and keyword coverage strategy, and cross-channel reporting to maximize efficiency and efficacy
- Ability to own campaigns from the keyword planning stage, to being fully published, tracked and optimized
- Brief, manage and collaborate with the agency executing the SEM programs
- Own vendor/partner relationships as it relates to SEM activities, from vendor diligence to day-to-day management of campaigns
- Understand SEM and website traffic patterns and data from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, AdWords, Microsoft/Bing Ads and other analytical software to optimize strategy and tactics for maximum effectiveness
- Regularly review technology stack and identify new vendors to ensure the most efficient, economic and scalable processes
- Collaborate on the creative and optimization process for content, landing pages and ads working with the Integrated marketing team to build messaging, imagery and experiences that resonate with our personas and convert
- Collect and analyze data, research competitors and identify trends in order to achieve maximum ROI for paid search campaigns globally
- Monitor and report on performance and KPI's, using Google Analytics, Adwords and other tools or platforms
- Stay up to date with the latest Google, AdWords, SEO, SEM and digital marketing trends, including ad rank, quality score, relevance, and other factors and best practices
- Constantly refine targeting to better reach our buyer persona, which may vary globally by region and by business pipeline needs
- Identify problems and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Manage budget, vendors and budget pacing
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years hands-on SEM experience for global organization (B2B/Saas a plus) with proven success
- Experience with complicated data sets, with ability to build reporting, analyze and optimize autonomously
- Experience with content optimization strategies, including ad quality and ranking factors
- Ability to build and run campaigns with or without 3rd party agencies.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- In-depth experience with SEM analytical reporting tools and software systems (website and SEO experience a plus)
- Proven experience in quantitative & qualitative analysis to justify proposed actions
- Data-driven mindset with focus on real-time performance optimization
- Strong ability to collaborate across all marketing teams, web development and sales
- Budget management experience and marketing analysis (forecasting/ reporting) skills are required
- Experience with marketing automation, business intelligence, and CRM (i.e. Salesforce) solutions a strong plus
- Experience with testing methodologies including but not limited to A/B, Multivariate, and testing technologies and platforms
- Awareness of search algorithm updates and their impact on ranking and relevance
- Familiar with industry-standard SEM software technologies
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices from Google in SEM and SEO, with a keen passion for Search and the digital landscape
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!