Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world. We see Developer Experience as a key element of our offering: we maintain high-quality SDKs for dozens of languages and platforms. We value Grit, Trust, Candor, Care and Humility. If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to grow our Recommend Platform team. Our mission is to empower companies to push the right content to increase their users’ chances to stumble upon what they’d be interested in and increase the discoverability of their inventory. To this end, our objectives are to:
- Build a fast and robust recommendation API
- Rely on the best AI technology to deliver relevant recommendations
- Provide a seamless experience for customers to setup their recommender engine
Team members have different skill sets, covering the full stack of our recommendation offering, from the machine learning models to the Recommend API to the front-end Dashboard of our customers. Your experience, your knowledge and your perspective will add value to this diversity, and help the team deliver products that make a difference.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop, maintain and monitor the systems and pipelines for our Recommend offering
- Evaluate performance of current and future systems
- Participate in the design of new systems
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Designed and operated of robust pipelines
- Experience designing data intensive applications leveraging relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) or NoSQL (e.g. Bigtable) databases
- Rigour in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- Good spoken and written English skills
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with large scale datasets
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Bigtable & BigQuery
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!