Algolia is seeking a talented, experienced Social Media Manager to manage our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating copy, executing video content, managing posts across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and responding to our audience (in collaboration with our Developer Relations team), managing company image and messaging in a cohesive way.
As Social Media Manager, we expect you to be up to date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. Equally, you will be both comfortable and experienced working in a fast-moving technology company (ideally with knowledge of API technology). You will have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views thoughtfully and creatively.
Additional responsibilities include overseeing Algolia’s presence across key brand and recruitment platforms (e.g., Glassdoor, Comparably, Fairygoodboss, etc.) and ensuring the company is perceived in the best light possible. Additionally, this role will work with the company’s employee advocacy platform to ensure employees have access to all social media posts with appropriate messaging.
Ultimately, you will oversee and execute our social media presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Develop, produce and distribute engaging text, imagery, and video content to support corporate, branding and product social media initiatives to sustain/gain followers and increase engagement
- Manage and create social content for Algolia’s employee social communications (employee advocacy) platform to amplify social sharing across the company
- Maintain a consistent brand identity through all social channels and external comms – generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (copywriting and/or overseeing original copy and graphics, sourcing photos and videos and working with the creative services team)
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy across LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, along with new and emerging channels
- Create and monitor social listening streams related to key conversations across social to identify brand response and engagement opportunities
- Identify key pundits, industry analysts, reporters and stakeholders to engage with over social media channels to put Algolia in the forefront of social media discussions and on everyone’s radar
- Assist executives with enhancing their social presence and engagement
- Create and own all measurements and success metrics
- Working with HR, monitor and manage Algolia’s reputation across brand and recruitment platforms (e.g., Glassdoor, Comparably, …)
- Work closely across marketing functions to create an integrated social media program for all the company’s target buyers and personas
- Plan weekly and monthly social media content calendar around Algolia events, campaigns, themes and incorporating relevant content; manage air traffic control for all posted content
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and banners)
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- 4+ years’ experience in social media or corporate communications
- Degree in marketing, design communications, or relevant field
- Excellent copywriting skills – with a passion for storytelling and growing a corporate brand, especially Figma, Adobe creative suite, SproutSocial (or similar publishing software)
- Proficiency in video & photo editing tools, digital media formats, and graphic design
- Ability to move fast and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong ownership mentality and can figure out things independently
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!