Algolia is seeking a talented, experienced Public Relations Director to drive media engagement that educates and positions Algolia as a leader in the API-oriented, developer-focused Search and Discovery sector.
Reporting to the VP, Corporate Communications and Brand, the PR Director is responsible for driving the public relations program and being the voice of Algolia in the media driving our vision for technology disruption and technology inclusion.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Drive media engagement that educates and helps make Algolia a leader in the Search and Discovery space as well as the API-led technology space.
- Target, pitch, and land a wide range of placements in Tier 1 technology, retail, and business publications. Develop and maintain productive relationships with key journalists
- Develop key media material in partnership with the marketing team: press releases, pitches, briefings, etc.
- Own the company’s announcement strategy and content creation from formal press releases through blogs and byline articles. Partner with Social media Manager to ensure all earned media/coverage is amplified across all social channels
- Prioritize and coordinate inbound media inquiries.
- Develop and update monthly internal and external fact sheets.
- Prep and train company spokespeople for events and press interviews.
- Develop a global influencer program. Partner with social media manager and employee experience teams to support employee advocacy programs.
- Manage external relationships with PR agencies.
- Deliver insightful reporting with an eye to continuous improvement. Flag and direct reaction to hero pieces of coverage.
- Research, submit and manage speaking and award opportunities.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- A proven track record of creating and delivering positive earned media coverage and strong relationships with journalists.
- PR experience in tech startups or other hyper growth business environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A reputation as a great team player. You are easy to work with, you listen to and seek to understand those around you.
- The ability to quickly ramp on complex technology concepts.
- Drive to learn new skills and stay up to date with industry best practices.
- An ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
- S. or B.A. in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 7+ year’s experience at an agency or in-house PR team.
- Positive attitude, resilience and the ability to produce high quality results in a fast-paced environment. A good sense of humor.
- Knowledge of and interest in advanced technology (ideally API technology).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Catered lunches on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!