Algolia is set to enable every company to create world-class Search and Discovery experiences with an API-first approach. Performance and Scalability is at the heart of our mission: we power 1.5 trillion searches a year, for 10K+ customers all over the world.
If you're a problem solver, able to think outside the box and eager to nurture others and learn from them, then this is your challenge!
The Events and Data Ingestion teams ensure a frictionless flow of data between customers and Algolia’s platform. This new group will provide a platform for Algolia products to collect, compose, and consume data.
Data ingestion is a mission-critical capability for the Algolia product platform. At its core, Algolia is a data company. The products and services that drive the most value for Algolia depend on access to customer data. That means the speed and ease at which customers can send their data to Algolia can heavily influence the success of onboarding a new customer, expanding to a new use case, or adopting new features.
As a member of the Data & Events ingestion team, you will have a direct impact on Algolia’s revenue stream. You will play a pivotal role in architecting and implementing systems that play a central role across all of Algolia’s products. You will also play a role in training/mentoring and leading team members.
Your role will consist of:
- Help the team plan, execute and ship releases respecting timelines and high-quality development, working closely with the product and leadership teams
- Coach and mentor engineers to excel at their work and grow
- Hire and onboard engineers to build a diverse and excellent team
- Lead by example, going hands-on when necessary
- Be a culture advocate within the company living by our core values
- Make sure the team is as productive as possible, removing roadblocks or processes along the way
You might be a fit if you have:
- Deep interest in people and mentoring
- 3+ years in a managing/leading role
- A passion for shipping quality products
- Experience building and operating distributed systems at scale
- Experience designing and building data pipelines
- Experience designing new applications with reliability, operability, and availability in mind
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers such as GCP, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Autonomous without the need for daily direction from your manager
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (500+ employees, over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure). We are growing fast and we have a lot to improve on. We need seniors who've been there, done that.
We’re looking for someone who can live our values:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Team’s current stack:
- Golang, GCP/GKE, pubsub, bigquery, bigtable, CircleCI, terraform
- API Clients: JS, Java, Scala, Go, Python, C#, Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, RoR, Symfony, Laravel
- NodeJS, TS, React, Shopify Polaris
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!