YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Being a team player
- Working with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues
- Evaluating performance of current and future systems, both software and hardware
- Participating in design of new systems
- Developing and maintain the automation tools used for all systems
- Participating in on-call rotation to ensure fast response to production issues
- Ensuring that the Infrastructure best practices are followed
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Willingness to learn Go (golang)
- Understanding of Linux systems: I/O, process scheduling, filesystems
- Understanding of computer networks: TCP/IP, DNS, load-balancing
- Proficient spoken and written English skills
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing and other engineering best practices
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of low level principles of computers and network components
- Performance profiling of applications both in development and production
- Knowledge of Public Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Knowledge of Go (golang)
- Knowledge of automated integration tests
- Knowledge of Chaos engineering
- Ability to use a configuration management tool like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!