- Be a Trusted Advisor; engage with our customers’ technical architects and business stakeholders to provide high-quality technical solutions and product training to drive successful customer outcomes
- Link business processes with product technical solutions
- Execute delivery methodology to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive successful resolution
- Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain points
- Consult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices
- Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment
- Engage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growth
- Aid in the development of detailed action plan, roadmap, prototype, final recommendation document, SM Action Plan and Retrospective
- Partner with Success Management and Engagement Manager and other internal roles to understand project goals and deliverables
- Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects
- Build out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagement
- Inform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs
- Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugs
- Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Polished consulting skills
- Keen awareness of sensitive client topics
- Capability to tactfully navigate and effectively address client messaging and recommendations
- 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack web developer
- Proficient in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with Senior Executives and technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on project management of large and small initiatives
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high-level of attention to detail
- Ability to quickly define dependencies, issues, and outline mitigation plans against risks
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while being flexible and responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both the technology and business communities
- Consistent history of business-building successes and passion for results
NICE TO HAVE:
- Backend/frontend mobile development
- Analytics, A/B testing
- Familiarity in relevant verticalsE-commerce/SaaS/Media
- Project management experience
- Experience within search domain and search-as-a-service companies
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!