YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for small, medium and large account contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing customer trust
- Own, drive and manage the renewal process with customers, including renewal quotes and renewal opportunities, in collaboration with Customer Success, Finance, Legal, Deal Desk and Sales teams to ensure all contracts are accurate
- Maximize account growth opportunities by playing an active role on the account team and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure (OTRR: On Time Renewal Rate & Retention will be a KPI)
- Provide Customer Success Management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit Algolia VP or Executive involvement as required
- Accurately maintain/update and provide renewal forecast of your territory and communicate any renewal risk to internal resources in order to develop resolution strategies
- Follow and adhere to best practices for all internal processes including, but not limited to, Opportunity Management, Data Quality and accuracy, Quotations and Forecasting
- Achieve financial and strategic targets for minimizing attrition, positioning favorable terms and boosting incremental revenue via up-sells, cross-sells and add-ons, and maximize customer value
- Accurately forecast and manage pipeline on a monthly, and quarterly basis
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a Sales, SDR (Sales Development Representative), BDR (Business Development Representative), Operations, or Account Management role at a SaaS/Software Company
- Ability to manage a large number of active accounts, identify problems and opportunities, and provide solutions for each of them with strong process management, negotiation skills, financial acumen, and ability to apply strict policies
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate closely with teammates
- Ability to react and adapt to potential rapid shifts in priorities and organizational policies
- Constantly looking to learn and improve
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with an enterprise CRM or customer service application
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a significant plus
- Ability to demonstrate a strategic mindset to enable persuasive value conversations with customers at an executive level
- Ability to manage transactions through every stage of the renewal cycle
- Experience in negotiating complex multi-year services contracts
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity;
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, you name it;
- Everything you need to be efficient;
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences;
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French);
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents;
- Charitable contribution matching;
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice;
- $1000 Remote work Stipend.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!