At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Algolia, you will be responsible for strategically sourcing and qualifying business prospects for the Algolia sales team. Using your unique personality and grit, you will reach out and qualify inbound leads to increase the pipeline of potential Algolia customers. You will communicate how Algolia can be best adapted and utilized for each use case, and why it is critical to meet with an Algolia Product Specialist.
We’re looking for resilient learners and builders who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty and want to understand the ins and outs of selling to a technical audience. If you know your strengths, have the humility to accept and work on your weaknesses, and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally, we would love to hear from you!
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Master Algolia - Product and Sales process
- Build strong relationships with prospects and customers
- Hunt and qualify inbound leads - This can be done by email, phone, or onsite
- Skillfully build a reputation with customers and gain interest in Algolia
- Manage sales lead information in Salesforce
- Represent Algolia at conferences and events
- Determine content for outbound
- Improve our Sales methods and the team in general
- On a typical morning, you will answer inbound messages, reach out to prospective clients, and work closely with Account Executives to help understand and discover how Algolia can help prospects with their current search and discovery needs
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 0-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong mix of humility and drive
- Great capacity and will to learn
- Sincere customer empathy
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be native or bilingual in English
- You genuinely care about solving other’s problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- SaaS sales experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!