Algolia is part of a cadre of companies that are driving the next generation of software development. Companies like Algolia, Stripe, Twilio et al are creating composable APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch using AWS APIs and better than the old way of having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
We need your help in telling our story. Most people know us for our best in class Search API that’s used to build amazing in-app and web experiences, leveraged by Twilio, Twitch, Stripe, Strava; leading retailers like Under Armour and Staples; and chosen by Google to be their Search partner for Firebase. You will be a key part of the team that’s crafting our bigger platform story, creating the thought leadership necessary to drive adoption of this new way of developing software.
We are looking for a Director of Developer Relations, to help guide our leadership team, inspire our developer org and make an impact in our community of developers. You will build a team of talented developers willing to engage with the community and create content that inspires them to leverage our set of API tools.
You will be leading the DevRel team focusing on content creation (tools, snippets), events, and a stream of feedback to product, documentation and growth teams coming directly from the community.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Lead a talented group of individuals focusing on community, content creation, developer experiences and ambassador program (events, meetups)
- Develop a holistic plan to grow (attract), teach and delight our community of developers
- Define cross-functionally and implement a roadmap of exciting events, meetups, and focused sessions including keynotes and speakers in industry and branded events
- Partner with product onboarding and expansion teams, engineering, growth and Docs teams to further improve the experience of our developers in our product and surrounding ecosystem
- Ensure senior leadership and key stakeholders are informed and aligned on developer relations strategy and impact in our community
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 10+ years of experience as a developer ideally within API landscape
- 5+ years of experience as a leader of a technical group or devrel team
- Deep experience in developer advocacy and community engagement
- Obsessed with creating content that inspires and drives to outcomes
- Ability to establish relationships and build rapport in order to influence decisions at all levels
- Hold a degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excels in verbal and written communication, with effective listening and a strong collaborative attitude
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!