As a Salesforce Developer, you will be part of the SFDC team who is responsible for delivering enterprise level cloud technology solutions centered around Salesforce.
At Algolia, you will play a vital role: you will wear many hats on your projects and will be responsible for end-to-end deliveries from Salesforce configuration, solution design, testing, deployment, promotion to production and support. As a Salesforce Developer, you will be in charge of the level 0, 1 and 2 end user support, receiving qualified anomalies and resolving them.
We are looking for someone who can take ownership of all programmatic requests. You will work alongside Algolia various business units (Sales, CSM, Finance, Field Engineer, Operations, Internals...) and architects to collaborate on specifications, validate the proposals, design, develop, and deploy solutions all while learning and growing your skill set.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Collaborating with the Salesforce team to validate business requirements and any considerations (security, scalability, limits)
- Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Visualforce, Aura Components and Lighting Web Components (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce in order to support business requirements
- Custom User Interface development, including Visualforce pages/Lightning pages, Aura Components and Lightning Web Components
- Integrations: Use Salesforce APIs to integrate with other systems used in the organization
- Best Practices: Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write / maintain test classes for all custom development
- Take ownership of release cycles to implement and deploy new/updates to existing applications and code
- Collaborate with other developers/architects to test and verify that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Participate in key meetings including requirement sessions, system demos and user acceptance testing
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in B2B SAAS industry, especially being comfortable with SAAS KPIs
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly ramp up
- Able to work independently
- Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud product knowledge and at least 5 years of Salesforce
- Experience implementing and developing in Apex, LWC, Visualforce, and Java,
- A proactive attitude to Salesforce enhancements and bringing existing code into best practices
- Ability to write, interpret, and critique technical specifications
- Experience working with large data sets and bulkification
- Proven ability leveraging analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Certified Salesforce Platform Developer I
- Proficient in Microsoft Visual Studio, Salesforce Lightning Design System and the Salesforce
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS :
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders based in several different locations
- Experience on a Salesforce implementation through the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience with AGILE framework
- Experience working with Zuora CPQ, Billing and SFDC Experience ,Tableau CRM (Einstein Analytics)
- Salesforce Platform Developer II and one Consulting Cloud Certification (Sales,Service or Community)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Competitive pay and equity
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!