To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a proven and collaborative Accounts Receivable Manager to join our team! As an Accounts Receivable Manager, you will lead all accounts receivable and collections activities. In addition, you will be pivotal in developing and implementing processes and systems related to accounts receivable and collections. In this role, you will report directly to our Worldwide Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in accounts receivable, collections, billing as well as supporting process and system improvements.
- Lead the global accounts receivable and collections function including oversight of timely accounts receivable collections, cash receipt application functions and the daily management of accounts receivable aging.
- Responsible for resolutions of disputes, improvement of days sales outstanding (DSO), delinquency, and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform credit evaluation on new customers and monitor existing customers adherence to payment terms
- Issue status reports relating to the accounts receivable function and KPI’s
- Manage cash flow by providing customer collection forecast
- Ensure completeness and accuracy in all areas of accounts receivable and collections
- Lead process improvement projects and assist in implementing new accounting policies and internal controls
- Improve upon our accounts receivable and collections process to provide for future scalability
- Partner with internal teams including Sales, Revenue Operations, and Customer Success teams and external stakeholders to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Responsible for training, performance management, and career development of team members
- Other special projects and duties as assigned including assisting with the external audit
What We Value
- +5 years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters in a quantitative field a plus
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- System experience related to ERPs (Quickbooks, NetSuite, Intacct, Oracle)
- Strong attention to detail, high-level of personal excellence and accountability
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads
- Proves is a self-starter and exhibits grit with a “can-do” attitude
- Experience managing staff a plus
- Proficiency in Excel (think lookups, pivots and more) and Word and ability to learn new systems quickly
- CPA or equivalent professional accountant designation a plus
- Expertise in ASC 606 a plus
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you, and 90% for your dependents
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off (if non-exempt: 20 Day Paid Time Off)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Employee Referral Program
- Company-sponsored Learning & Development opportunities
- Weekly Zoom meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Days through 2021
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!