To support Algolia’s rapid growth, we’re looking for a proven and collaborative Corporate Accounting Manager to join our team! As a Corporate Accounting Manager, you will supervise, monitor, and evaluate all accounting operations activities. In addition, you will be pivotal in developing and implementing processes and systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information. In this role, you will report directly to our Worldwide Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in accounting operations and consolidations as well as supporting process and system improvements.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Lead monthly/quarterly/annual financial close, including development of processes and procedures to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy in financial reporting, as well as owning journal entries and account reconciliations as part of the close process in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage the accounting operations functions including consolidation, general ledger, period close, cash, accounts payable, and T&E
- Oversee respective financial reporting systems including NetSuite, Floqast, bill.com, and Expensify
- Provide leadership through training, managing, coaching and mentoring the Corporate General Ledger Team and offshore Transaction Team
- Assist in revenue accounting and closing process on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist with year-end financial audit activities
- Partner regularly with FP&A, Business Operations, Marketing, Infrastructure, and other departments to support account functions
- Assist with maintaining and scaling Algolia’s accounting and reporting process
- Other special projects and duties as assigned
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- +5 years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience is highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters in a quantitative field a plus
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with understanding of US GAAP, and experience operating within SOX control environment is highly desired
- System and/or migration experience related to ERPs (Quickbooks, NetSuite, Intacct, Oracle)
- General ledger consolidation experience
- Strong attention to detail, high-level of personal excellence and accountability
- Hands-on, flexible, and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize effectively to deliver results within reasonably established timelines
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads
- Experience managing staff a plus
- Proficiency in Excel (think lookups, pivots and more) and Word and ability to learn new systems quickly
- CPA or equivalent professional accountant designation a plus
- Expertise in ASC 606 a plus
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you, and 90% for your dependents
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off (if non-exempt: 20 Day Paid Time Off)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Employee Referral Program
- Company-sponsored Learning & Development opportunities
- Weekly Zoom meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Days through 2021
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!