Algolia is growing at warp speed, which means the Sales Development team needs to scale quickly and efficiently. We're looking for a Director, Business Development located remotely in the US or in one of our hubs in Austin or Atlanta, to keep our top of funnel full, manage our team of North America Outbound reps, and most importantly, challenge the status quo. You will be an active contributor in shaping the global team and process. This is a high impact and high ownership role for managers who are interested in building something big and empowering reps to reach their potential.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Hiring, training, and managing a team of Outbound BDRs that work across the Commercial, Mid-Market and Enterprise/Strategic segments
- Owning the Sales Development funnel including process improvements and tool development to increase efficiency and reduce complexity
- Taking an active role in coaching your team - remotely and face to face.
- Being comfortable in the ability to use data to support decisions and initiatives
- Monitoring and refining sales lead processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success of the SDR team - challenge the status quo
- Cultivating an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement of everyone's role
- Working side by side with Sales Ops and Sales Enablement teams to help create ongoing training to accelerate ramp time for new SDRs
- Actively participating and initiating change projects at a local and global level
- Encouraging global team involvement and culture - The Sales Development Org is spread across the US, EMEA and APAC, and we must encourage and influence proactive teamwork
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 4+ Years of successful sales experience, preferably with a SaaS offering
- 1+ Year in a leadership role managing a Sales Development organization
- Experience creating pipeline in an outbound motion
- Strong experience running high-impact change projects - never settling for what is just working. Push for improvements and develop new best practices
- Successful track record of achieving and exceeding individual and team quotas
- Knowledge of SFDC - Reporting, SFDC workflow management, etc.
- A player coach mentality - the Algolia Sales Development Org is just getting started, you will need to have a desire to get into the weeds and coach by example
- Experience building a Sales Development organization is a plus
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change, and building internal infrastructure)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!