YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Commercial agreements: Supporting the sales team to drive revenue, through the reviewing of SaaS service agreements and NDAs, optimizing and updating terms of service, updating processes or templates as required. You will help with the auditing of existing agreements to create a smart mapping of company contract base.
- Data Privacy: GDPR compliance, keeping internal registers up to date, collaborating with teams to improve the compliance process, reviewing data processing agreements with infrastructure providers.
- Vendor and Procurement Contracts. You will assist with the review process of vendor contracts (SaaS, marketing, events, etc.)
- Legal updates. You will be asked to feed the legal team on a weekly basis with updates on IT and privacy law updates: EU regulations, case law, public guidance; contract law, privacy and SaaS related laws.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Strong general knowledge of commercial, contract and business law
- Specialisation in technology and/or IP
- Strong knowledge of GDPR law and practices
- Excellent written and spoken French skills (LL.M. or foreign bar preferred but not mandatory)
- Ability to draft legal language in English
- PPI or M2 level
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience managing business transactions, with supervision, including meeting deadlines, compliance with Algolia processes and effective use of Algolia Playbook and other support materials
- Ability to operate efficiently in a changing environment, heavily relying on tech tools and communications systems (Slack, Jira, Confluence, Zoom)
- Effective use of basic desktop applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Bonus if you've had experience working in an English speaking environment
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents
- Charitable contribution matching Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!