- You will study and transform data science prototypes, research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools, develop machine learning applications according to requirements
- You will build end-to-end machine learning solutions to bring models from proof-of-concept stage to production.
- You will be dedicated to a small cross-discipline product team, with tremendous ownership and responsibility for guiding things directly.
- You will be an active member of an internal community, including data scientists, research scientists and machine learning engineers, sharing learnings, best practices and research across many domains.
- You will develop high impact solutions to support Algolia's AI ambitious growth plans.
- You will work closely with engineers, product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to recommending a solution and testing it in controlled experiments.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide AI initiatives.
- You will select appropriate datasets and data representation methods, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results, train and retrain systems when necessary
- You will extend existing ML libraries and frameworks, keep abreast of developments in the field, designing and developing machine learning and deep learning systems
- +3 years proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- B.Sc. (required), M.S./PhD (preferred) in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python is a must
- Strong engineering skills and fluency in data manipulation (SQL, Spark, Pandas) and machine learning (scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras/Tensorflow) tools
- Previously built, trained and shipped large-scale models on cloud services (Docker, AWS/GCP/Azure)
- An ability to identify and prioritize high-impact problems and deliver solutions that provide reasonable trade-offs between urgency and quality
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required
- Ability to work in a team, being a team-player
- Willing and able to speaking at tech and industry conferences
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!