YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Responsible for determining the fitness of data for use and monitoring the ongoing condition of the data; contributes to root cause analysis of data issues and helps the organization identify business processes and technical improvements that contribute to higher quality data.
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Prioritize and plan testing activities.
- Play the role of test engineer: Design, develop, and execute automated tests.
- Identify and report issues found, then verify that issues are resolved.
- Perform regression testing.
- Contribute to other data engineering activities, as an active data engineer team member.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field.
- Three years' hands-on experience with data engineering, with a strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Expert knowledge on SQL is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Data Build Tool (Oracle) is highly appreciated.
- Review and analyze requirements, specifications, and technical design documents, providing timely feedback.
- Hands-on experience with components mentioned under Tech Stack.
- Keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving constructive feedback and turning it into process improvements.
- EU work permit.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required.
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
- Data platform: Redshift, Airflow, dbt (transformation & modeling), AWS (S3, EMR, Glue, Athena, Spectrum)
- Data collection: Stitch, Segment, Census
- Data analytics: Looker, Tableau CRM (Salesforce Einstein), Google Data Studio, Amplitude
- Data sources: Internal products data, Salesforce, Marketo, Zuora, Stripe
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences.
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching.
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice.
- Fully stocked kitchens.
- Team workouts.
- Meals & happy hours.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Business Travel Insurance.
- Company Canteen (high standard).
- Flexible work hours and flexible time off.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!