The Algolia Partner Engineering Team plays a vital role in growing our partner network of systems integrator, digital agencies and 3rd party platforms and ISVs to develop technical integration. As a Partner Engineer, your job will require not only technical mastery of Algolia's suite of offerings, but also the ability to disseminate this knowledge externally. You will empowering our partners to be able to first understand our products and then to build similar solutions in the future. This is a highly autonomous role in which no one day will be the same as the last.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Act as the onboarding and technical engagement manager to ensure the partner receives clear and timely communications and understands Algolia products from a technical level
- Enable partners to be successful by guiding them through the implementation process, designing and performing on-site trainings, and encouraging them to become certified
- Guide our technology partners to build bridges between Algolia and their products (personalisation solution, visual or voice search, ecommerce platform,...)
- Act as the technical counterpart to our Partner Executives: join calls, help answer technical questions during the partner discovery phase, and craft services strategies
- Provide meaningful feedback to our internal product team based on the needs of your partners and their clients
- Contribute to processes, documentation, and tooling to ensure the team can scale efficiently
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 5+ years professional experience as a web developer
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing or education role
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Ability to travel
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior experience working for a digital agency or systems integrator
- Prior experience in education or public speaking
- Knowledge of UX / UI design and an understanding of common tools (Sketch, Photoshop, etc.)
- Background in the search industry
- Computer Science Degree
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Covered medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible work hours and unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Charitable contribution matching
- Workout Wednesdays w/ personal trainer
- Bi-monthly meditation sessions
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Bucharest, and we will be opening a small office in Austin soon. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Millions of developers around the world use Algolia to unleash the power of search across their digital properties. They use Algolia because we are API-first. We unlock incredible flexibility. We build blazing fast speed into our APIs. We do this because we know developers want to build cool things and innovate. Under Armour, Lacoste, Birchbox, Stripe, Slack, Medium, Zendesk and 10,000+ other companies use Algolia to build not just great search, but search that converts at higher rates because of the relevancy. We help their customers find the right goods, offers, and content really quickly. So quickly, in fact, that they don’t go anywhere else. Algolia helps businesses build and optimize the search and discovery experience resulting in significantly enhanced online engagement, increased conversion rates and enriched lifetime value that generates profitable growth. Today, Algolia powers 1.5 Trillion searches a year – that’s 4 times more than Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Baidu and Yandex combined. Our amazing technology is used by one in eight online users.
Founded in 2012, we're backed by $184M in funding from Accel Partners, Alven, DAG Ventures, Founders Circle, Owl Rock Capital, Point Nine Capital, SaaStr Fund, Salesforce Ventures, Storm Ventures and World Innovation Lab. The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, Tokyo, New York, and Atlanta. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!