About Alethea Group
Founded in 2019, with the mission to protect the truth, Alethea Group detects and mitigates instances of disinformation and social media manipulation to help clients navigate the new digital reality. We protect clients from the threat of disinformation that targets brands, reputations, employee safety, or financial bottom lines through our industry-leading investigation and remediation services.
The Alethea Group Engineering Team is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer to treat Artemis (the internet’s premiere tool for detecting disinformation on the internet before it goes mainstream) and its operations like a software problem. A fully-remote role, the qualified candidate will have three to five years’ experience ensuring that SaaS applications and attendant services remain up and running, managing upgrade windows, providing production performance insights, monitoring the production system, and more. The candidate must have excellent speaking, writing, and comprehension skills and be able to articulate their ideas clearly and concisely.
- Develop software, both as components of our solution and outside of the solution, for deployment
automation, packaging and monitoring visibility
- Develop software to ensure maximum performance, reliability and automation of our deployments and
- Mentor team members on development best practices.
- Assist with defining and developing automated test build, test and deployment systems.
- Support the team in establishing best practices.
- Use open-source frameworks to build state-of-the-art technologies.
- Be familiar with deploying services on AWS or Azure.
- Understand that developer UX is critical to moving fast and delivering on time.
- Research, advocate and promote new technologies and best practices.
- Analyze and debug client systems.
- Engineers of all experience levels wanted as we're growing our team quickly.
- STEM-related bachelor's degree minimum, required.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Able to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and stock options are negotiated based on experience.
- Healthcare at the gold-tier level, dental, and vision is fully funded by the employer. 50% of dependent coverage is provided by the employer.
- Unlimited vacation and sick leave, including office closure between Christmas and New Years, and extended holidays at Thanksgiving and the 4th of July.
- Employer sponsored 401k with a 3.5% match.
- Remote-first role, with the ability to work anywhere in the United States. Headquarters is located in Washington, D.C.
Alethea Group welcomes talent from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, abilities and walks of life. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing a supportive environment for all employees. Kindness is one of our core values. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Alethea Group is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.