*Please note that applicants must reside in the United States to be considered for this position. Alethea Group does not offer sponsorship employment benefits.
Alethea Group is looking for a full stack developer to build Artemis -- a platform designed to stop disinformation on the web before it goes mainstream. It's a greenfield opportunity to have huge ownership and mindshare, to architect the product and choose its enabling technologies, and of course for fantastic career growth.
We use React, JS, and Python other related technologies but you'll work with the lead front end developer, backend developers, and the VP of Engineering to pick the appropriate tech as well as lead the front end development.
- STEM-related bachelor's degree minimum, required.
- The engineering team at Alethea Group is fully remote first and is looking for developers anywhere in the continental US.
Required Cultural Fit:
Equally important to the ability to perform the duties above, Alethea Group is especially interested in the cultural fit for our team:
- A relentlessly positive attitude and the ability to balance work and life efficiently in order to get the job done, without sacrificing sanity. A sense of humor is a plus.
- A roll up your sleeves attitude. This is a start-up, and no job is too small.
- Integrity in unregulated, unchartered territory. There are very few rules governing the information space, and Alethea Group employees will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to the firm’s ethical standards.
- A constant desire to learn and be challenged by team members of all levels. Our titles are to help our clients identify roles and responsibilities, but on our teams we should be challenging each other to think outside the box, develop creative solutions, and build something together.
- An understanding of the political and economic systems in the United States, and how disinformation poses a threat to institutions.
- The ability to demonstrate discretion. Our clients are sensitive. Their data is sensitive. We adhere to Fight Club’s first two rules (there are other rules too but, you get it—if you don’t get it, google it).
- The ability to communicate directly and get the job done. We’re not a “meeting-before-the-meeting” kind of place.
- An ability to thrive in ambiguity. Create a structure that works for you and your team. We are not micromanagers.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary and stock options will be negotiated based on experience.
- Health care at the gold-tier level is fully funded by the employer.
- Unlimited sick and vacation leave, 10 Federal holidays, and the office closed between Christmas and New Years.
- A flexible work schedule, including the option to work a compressed work week on a case-by-case basis.
- Remote and telework options, with offices located in Washington, D.C.
- Employer sponsored 401k.
Candidates with non-traditional and diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Our office is located in Washington, D.C., but our team is hybrid and nationwide.