Please note it is preferred that applicants reside in the Washington D.C. or New York City area
Founded in 2019, Alethea is a tech company that detects and mitigates instances of disinformation and social media manipulation to help clients navigate the new digital reality. We protect clients from the threat of disinformation that targets brands, reputations, employee safety, or financial bottom lines through our industry-leading investigation and remediation services.
Alethea is seeking a dynamic and results-driven SaaS Account Executive to join our expanding sales team. Initially, the AE will report directly to the CEO and then later to the Head of Sales (after that position is hired). As an Account Executive you will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, maintaining strong relationships with existing clients, and consistently achieving sales targets.
- Prospecting and Lead Generation: Identify and qualify potential clients through research, networking, and outbound prospecting efforts.
- Sales Presentations: Deliver compelling and informative presentations to potential clients, showcasing the value of Artemis and how it can address their specific needs.
- Consultative Selling: Understand client requirements and pain points, providing consultative guidance on how Artermis can solve their challenges.
- Sales Negotiation: Skillfully negotiate contract terms and pricing to close deals while maintaining a win-win relationship for both the client and the company.
- Account Management: Nurture and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, ensuring their needs are met and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Sales Pipeline Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, leads, and opportunities in the CRM system.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends, competitors, and emerging technologies to effectively position our products in the market.
- Collaboration: Work closely with the marketing, product, analysis, and customer success teams to align strategies and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Sales Reporting: Provide regular sales forecasts, progress reports, and insights to management.
Skills, Experience, Attitudes:
- Experience: A proven track record of over 7 years in various sales roles, consistently surpassing sales targets
- Networking Skills: Proficiency in building and maintaining professional relationships with clients, colleagues an industry peers
- Customer-Centric: A deep commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to anticipate and exceed customer needs
- Exceptional Communication Skills: Proficiency in conveying complex information effectively, both verbally and in writing, ensuring clarity and understanding for customers
- Strong Negotiation and Business Acumen: Proficiency in navigating and negotiating contract terms and conditions, ensuring mutually beneficial agreements
- Growth Mindset: A flexible attitude with a growth-oriented mindset, capable of swiftly implementing feedback to enhance performance
- Results-Driven: A strong work ethic and relentless drive to achieve and exceed sales objectives
- Industry Knowledge (desired, not essential): Experience in dealing with disinformation and misinformation. Knowledge of customers across the communications, intelligence, legal, and security / intel sectors.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and stock options are negotiated based on experience.
- Healthcare at the gold-tier level, dental, and vision is fully funded by the employer. 50% of dependent coverage is provided by the employer.
- Unlimited vacation, sick leave, including office closure between Christmas and New Year’s, and extended holidays at Thanksgiving and the 4th of July.
- Employer sponsored 401k with a 3% match.
- Hybrid work environment, with 2-3 days per week required in office in Washington, D.C or New York.
Alethea is an equal opportunity employer that encourages people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work, while maintaining a workforce that represents the communities we serve.