Alert Innovation, now powered by Walmart, is a fast-growing venture on a mission to reinvent retailing through robotics. We’ve partnered with Walmart to develop our Alphabot® technology, which is currently being deployed at stores throughout North America.
What you’ll work on:
- Develop microservices written in Java to handle customer orders, control swarms of robots, or control various elements of the system—we have several teams and projects you could work on!
- Work with the electrical, mechanical, systems, and safety teams to document and detail software requirements.
- Develop and code review modular and well-documented software.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in Core Java development.
- Experience developing reactive microservices or experience developing event-driven distributed systems.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Some knowledge of robotics and/or automation is preferred, but not required.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area.
Alert Innovation’s recent awards include:
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly competitive pay for the Boston market where we’re based
- Excellent medical benefits — multiple health plan options, Doctor on Demand service, and vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- 401(k) match, stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Annual grants of Walmart RSUs
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work schedules
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Walmart discounts in-store and online
- Free lunch, coffee, and snacks provided daily!
Learn more about why we were named a 2022 Best Place to Work at alertinnovation.com/careers.
Alert Innovation offers a safe work environment for its employees and partners. All employees, contractors, interns, and visitors are required to be fully vaccinated. Additional COVID precautions, such as wearing face masks, hand washing, and hand sanitizing are also common practices in all Alert Innovation facilities. We are a flexible work environment and offer on-site and hybrid work schedules based on team requirements.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.