Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. The Alchemy Platform is a world class developer platform designed to make building on the blockchain easy. We've built leading infrastructure in the space, powering over $105 billion in transactions for tens of millions of users in 99% of countries worldwide.
The Alchemy team draws from decades of deep expertise in massively scalable infrastructure, AI, and blockchain from leadership roles at leading companies and universities like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Stanford, and MIT.
Alchemy recently raised a Series C1 at a $10.2B valuation led by Lightspeed and Silver Lake. Previously, Alchemy raised from a16z, Coatue, Addition, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Chairman of Google, Charles Schwab, and the founders and executives of leading organizations.
Alchemy powers the top blockchain companies globally and has been featured in TechCrunch, Forbes, Bloomberg, and elsewhere.
Alchemy (and Alchemy Ventures) is looking for to make our first, Treasurer to lead all Crypto-asset and FIAT investments and custody matters as the company scales.
We are looking for someone who possesses a thorough experience in risk management, capital efficiency, liquidity management and investments. This position will be reporting to the Controller, and will play a critical role in ensuring we continue building a world-class Treasury function while partnering across the business to ensure our Crypto-asset and FIAT is structured to exist in perpetuity.
What You'll Do:
- Invest excess funds (both Crypto-asset and FIAT) in accordance with risk tolerances and approved investment guidelines.
- Perform reconciliation of current and prior day FIAT (cash and investments) and Crypto-asset balances to ledger balances.
- Perform the execution of wires, ACH, internal transfers, checks (BONUS: Crypto trading/staking and custody).
- Verify investment maturity and interest proceeds are received on time, maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Review, maintain, and update all bank account documentation, statements, including authorized employee list for each bank account.
- Produce credit risk (modeling) and commercial finance-related presentations to Sr. leadership
- Provide support for liquidity facility activities including test draws and related monitoring and documentation relative to policies and procedures.
- Ensure the company is managing counter-party risk appropriately, and is staying ahead of changes within the regulatory landscape.
- Provide assistance on special projects in relation to the Treasury function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 5+ years experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar discipline
- Deep understanding of Treasury systems, Institutional reporting and Policy-setting
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing in accordance with investment policies, managing an investment committee and documenting the processes
- Prior experience in SaaS and/or Web3
- Ability to distill complex financial information and serve as a resource for the founders
- Proven experience in developing and managing a strong control environment
- Experience using treasury tools such as; Clearwater Analytics, Yardi, and/or Workiva
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA designation, Public Accounting, Investment Banking or Management Consulting preferred.