Our mission is to bring blockchain to a billion people. That's a lot of software to cover. As a cloud security engineer at Alchemy, you'll be hardening the infrastructure supporting one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world. You'll bring state of the art cloud computing security techniques and help lead the team in designing, building, and deploying cloud security tools to protect our platform.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership as a cybersecurity expert on topics such as architecture, configuration management, and environment design
- Ensure our production platform is hardened as per industry standards such as CIS benchmarks
- Leverage automation tools, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code (IaC) solutions to standardize security across all environments
- Conduct research on security best practices and stay current on the latest cloud thread mitigation techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Alchemy's high technical quality bar
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Guide relevant stakeholders such as engineering, product, and leadership and ensure alignment with security strategies
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in Cloud Security/DevOps roles
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure components, particularly on AWS
- Track record of AWS Security best practices including IAM, Security Groups, VPCs, etc.
- Experience with secret management tooling like Vault or KMS
- Experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Proven track record securing highly available and highly scalable systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Experience working with startups
- Experience working in Web3
- A hustler mentality, founding a company or building side projects is a plus!