AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the role:
You will be part of a team of 150+ employees dedicated to product development with engineering hubs in Toronto, Montreal, and Victoria.
As a Senior Staff developer, you will be the senior technologist on a product delivery team. Working with your colleagues from the product team and your engineering manager, you will be responsible for scoping your team’s technical work, using your knowledge to ensure its sequenced properly, and designing & implementing it.
In partnership with other staff developers, you will be responsible for setting the product-wide technical roadmap, matching our aspirations with our technical capabilities. You will use your experience and perspective to build security and performance into all you do and will be on the vanguard of our move to continuous software delivery.
AlayaCare Engineering has parallel career tracks for individual contributors and managers. Senior Staff Developer is on the individual contributor track, at the same level as Engineering Manager.
AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back end, uses Vue.js on the front-end, and runs on AWS.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as a full-time member of a feature development team
- Provide technical leadership for your team, and assist in improving your colleagues’ skills through technical mentoring, role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your team’s software
What you'll bring:
- 8+ years professional software engineering experience
- Degree or diploma in computer science or engineering, or demonstrated learning experience
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge about containerisation
- Deep knowledge about distributed systems
- Pride in your work
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Work where you feel most engaged and productive with our SuperFlex working models, whether that be at home or in one of our beautiful offices
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays throughout the summer months for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.