AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
This position is for people located anywhere in Brazil.
About the Role:
- This position is for people located anywhere in Brazil
- You will be part of a team dedicated to product development with engineering hubs in Toronto, Montreal, and Victoria
- As a Senior Staff or Principal Developer, you will be the senior technologist for the Clinical & Workforce Management areas of our application, covering several engineering teams. Paired with an Engineering Director, you will ensure our technical capabilities and roadmap are in sync with our product vision, that engineering considerations have a “seat at the table” when products are conceived, and that our technical decisions are sound and well-informed.
- In partnership with other Senior Staff or Principal Developers, you will lead discussions on setting the product-wide technical roadmap. You will use your
- AlayaCare Cloud is written in Python and PHP on the back-end, uses Vue.js on the front-end, and runs on AWS
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software in high-leverage situations, balancing solving problems yourself with empowering and teaching others how to solve them.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for the Clinical & Workforce Management areas, and assist in improving your colleagues’ skills through technical role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
- Take a leadership role in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends.
- Participate in code reviews and use them as a vehicle for mentorship, promoting innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability.
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering.
- In the future, participate in an on-call rotation (that respects your time) to support your product area
What you bring to the team:
- 10+ years professional software engineering experience, spanning several companies and technology stacks.
- Awareness of contemporary industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice.
- Experience making difficult technical decisions in ambiguous situations with high impact, and coaching others to do the same.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, being capable of adjusting for technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of seniority.
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- You can work 100% remote from anywhere in Brazil, having a great work-life balance
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for wellness and productivity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.
We ask that you send all your application and resume in English :)