(Remote opportunity in Canada or Brazil)
AlayaCare is revolutionizing the way home health care is delivered. Our leading cloud-based software allows our clients around the world to manage their employees, scheduling, billing, and enable better delivery of care. We're a fast-growing SaaS company with a team of 650+ team members across Canada, US, Australia, and Brazil. We aim to be the world leader in home health care software solutions. We pride ourselves on our open and transparent culture, our bias for action, and being committed to a workplace where we can be ourselves.
About the role:
We are looking for a seasoned Senior Staff or Principal Developer to join our team of 250+ employees globally dedicated to Engineering and Product that are building the future of homecare software. Delivering 500,000+ episodes of care per month across three continents, the applications you build will literally be in caregivers’ hands as they’re visiting clients and patients in the places they call home.
With AlayaCare, you will be the senior technologist for the Clinical area of our application, paired with several Engineering teams. In close partnership with an Engineering Director, you will ensure our technical capabilities and roadmap are in sync with our Product vision, that Engineering considerations have a “seat at the table” when products are conceived, and that our technical decisions are sound and well-informed.
Our core product is written in Python and PHP on the Back-End, uses Vue.js on the Front-End, and runs on AWS.
A day in the life:
- Design, code, test, and debug complex software with a high level of quality, sitting as a full-time member of a feature development team
- Provide technical and architectural leadership for the Clinical & Workforce Management areas, and assist in improving your colleagues’ skills through technical role-modelling, coaching, and knowledge-sharing.
- Participate in code reviews to lead technical innovation in the areas of component re-use, extensibility, maintainability and scalability
- Monitor your code in production, and proactively identify and fix issues clients are encountering
- Participate in setting the product-wide technical roadmap, ensuring the success of technical cross-team initiatives and responsible adoption of new technologies and industry trends
What you'll bring:
- 7-10+ years professional software development experience
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior team members
- Experience in incident investigation and resolution
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills, targeting both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proactive, independent, and solutions-oriented
- Results driven and outcomes focused
- Excellent collaborator and team player
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Awareness of current industry trends in technology, performance, and software development tooling & practice
What Makes AlayaCare a Great Place to Work:
- Our products have a positive impact on the lives of countless care workers and care recipients Equity in a well-funded, high-growth company
- Work where you feel most engaged and productive with our SuperFlex working models, whether that be at home or in one of our beautiful offices
- Competitive compensation including equity in a growing, well-funded company
- Comprehensive group benefits program, including telemedicine, effective on your first day
- Employee expense program for health, wellness, lifestyle, productivity expenses and more!
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Wellness Fridays throughout the summer months for extra time to unwind
- Paid Volunteer Time off Program
- Career growth and development opportunities
- An entrepreneurial culture of transparency, collaboration, and innovation
- We are recognized as Deloitte's Technology Fast 50TM program award for our rapid revenue growth, entrepreneurial spirit and bold innovation
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply today. As well as joining a great culture and a market-leading company, you will be part of a team making a positive difference in the post-acute care market. If this isn’t the job for you, you may know someone who is a perfect fit. Please feel free to share this opportunity.
If you want to explore AlayaCare further, please visit our website www.alayacare.com.