Aktana is looking for a self-motivated devops/SRE engineer to build and manage infrastructure using various tools, automation and technologies used in modern cloud infrastructure in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of Kubernetes, docker containers, Terraform, AWS, Rundeck and python also desire to automate things. As an Aktana devops engineer you will work with various automation tools and technologies including Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Rundeck, etc. In the role you will partner with Engineering, Service Engineers and QA Engineers to achieve a successfully running production environment.
What you’ll own and accomplish...
- You will be owning the global production environment running in AWS cloud and responsible for any change in the environment. You will be responsible for monitoring/alerting for the production environment.
- As a part of this team, you will help in building the development pipeline for efficiently bringing the code to production on a regular basis.
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services specially Prometheus, ELK etc.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop architectural, technical, functional and performance guidelines related with the CI/CD pipelines.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Your performance will be measure based on reliability and availability KPIs for the production
- How satisfied product engineering, Service engineering and QA engineering by the work you will be doing.
What you’ll need to be successful...
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as DevOps/CloudOps/SRE.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AWS services.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Kubernetes, AWS EKS is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience on python scripting.
- Professional experience in supporting Production Infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge in AWS services and professional hands-on experience on documenting and implementing infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD
- Familiarity with ELK and logging technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to new technologies.
You’ll really stand out if you…
- Have hands-on experience with AWS technologies and building infrastructure using AWS SDK/APIs.
- Have extensive experience with containerization(docker)
- Have worked on Rundeck in the past extensively, not looking for somebody who just used Rundeck occasionally.
- Have worked on automations using the latest automation tools.
- Experience with different SQL specially MySQL(AWS RDS), NoSQL database experience is a plus.
- Have deep troubleshooting skills on Infrastructure issues
- Experience with python, java and groovy is a plus.
- Extensive experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, Salt and Ansible
- Have extensive knowledge with packaging tools like Helm
Why you'll love working at Aktana
If you like to be challenged on daily bases, you want to change things if they do not work, you comes with automation first mindset then this is the team for you
Committed to customer success and innovation, Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multichannel engagement with HCPs. Today, more than half of the top 20 global pharma companies are using Aktana for intelligent engagement.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too! We are Great Place to Work Certified™, an honor given based on validated feedback from employees who report a consistently positive experience working at Aktana.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have offices in Philadelphia, London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Sydney, Pune, and Sao Paulo.
Aktana conducts background investigations and/or reference checks on all new hires.